Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
It was aliens
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you think the final design of FT will look like? This is not what you WANT but what you THINK, there is a thread like this at SSP, try to make it similar, it's a good topic to discuss.

Personally I don't think it will change drastically. There will be a flat roof because childs wants the slope taken away and the office space will rise to about 1000 feet and 60 floors, above that will be cables and antennas reaching 2000 feet with no 1776 observatory for economic purposes, all in all the highest accesable floor in the tower will be about 1000 feet. The windmills may be scrapped, and the shape may be changed, and the tower will be set back from the street more than 100 feet. All in all I would like to be optomistic about this but honestly I think the final design will blow, just like we all expected. :sleepy:

So what do you think?

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
what aural ink depicted in that photoshopped pic, except with a much lower roof, with a lattice and spire that takes up half of the building's height (maybe slightly more, but not by much). there would be no more torque in the building since the building's footprint has to be made smaller to pull it away from west street, thus making it thinner and a lot less dramatic than the original.

in short, expect an even more watered-down and more banal version of the freedom tower that's virtually indisguishable from the beyer blinder belle memorial garden proposal. the building's not going to get any better as long as pataki's around.

·
formely known as "wadems"
44 Posts
JPSLtd said:
That looks like a marriage of Sydey's failed Grollo Tower and Freedom tower.

Absolutely horrid.
I think you mean Melbourne, the other Australian city.

There was this unofficial design of the twin towers some forumer did back on the ozscrapers board a year or 2 ago which is what i think official approved design should be. It was the the shape of the old twin towers but futuristic at the same time. The overall shape was that of the old twin towers but was split into 4 even parallel blocks. In the vertical mid-section of the tower was a sunken in area which was covered in red neon panels which would be lit at night. The facade was only a silver/glass surface.
If anyone knows the render i'm talking about, post it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
aural iNK said:
I'll give it a go:

this looks like the London Bridge Tower. only by the FT, the floors go not to the top. i like the design now, but not at all. just build all floors to the top and you have a really good tower!!!

than i like hem at all!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think its going to look worse. Probably more floors (dont expect anything over 80 stories) and much thinner (thinner than the WFC) Which is sad since it will be lost from the skyline in NJ. The Twin Towers were visible from 20 miles away, thats impressive!!! The FT, if built wont be visible from 10 miles, thats SAD!!

Hopefully NYers now know that there is an alternative to the Freedom Tower, and that Twin Towers are still possible. Some are keeping quiet till the new plan comes out. Once out, we should be ready to flame it.

If they move all of the buildings around, to accomodate a Freedom Tower, will there be a need for a new GEIS? If so, this will delay things till December!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hope you realize what I posted is not what I hope the FT will look like, but what I think may be released given the information made public. As you can see I'm not very optimistic about what lies ahead.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
I'm thinking big-ass version of 7WTC, but with a sh*tload of lattice, and so it won't have the elegence of the new 7.

A damn shame. It would have been difficult to do any worse.

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
that nwtc looks like a ripoff of citic plaza in guangzhou (which i really like). the last thing we need is for the new wtc to jack the design of a chinese skyscraper.

but at least it's preferable to the freedom tower (what the heck...practically every proposal i've seen's better than what pataki has came up with).

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
7 World Trade said:
that nwtc looks like a ripoff of citic plaza in guangzhou (which i really like). the last thing we need is for the new wtc to jack the design of a chinese skyscraper.

but at least it's preferable to the freedom tower (what the heck...practically every proposal i've seen's better than what pataki has came up with).
it looks like the new york times towers in larger verson.

·
User
5,634 Posts
I agree with 7 World Trade, expect to see something such as the Memorial Garden:

I think we'll see less of a torque and much slimmer base. The lattice may increase as depicted in aural ink's rendition and the spire will most likely be gone as Childs hated it to begin with (that was a Libeskind concept.)

We knows Childs likes lattice, wind farms and the torque, so expect those to stay.

·
It was aliens
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
LMDC-HATER said:
I think its going to look worse. Probably more floors (dont expect anything over 80 stories) and much thinner (thinner than the WFC) Which is sad since it will be lost from the skyline in NJ. The Twin Towers were visible from 20 miles away, thats impressive!!! The FT, if built wont be visible from 10 miles, thats SAD!!

Hopefully NYers now know that there is an alternative to the Freedom Tower, and that Twin Towers are still possible. Some are keeping quiet till the new plan comes out. Once out, we should be ready to flame it.

If they move all of the buildings around, to accomodate a Freedom Tower, will there be a need for a new GEIS? If so, this will delay things till December!!

The Empire state building is visible from 60 miles away from morris Mountain in NJ so I don't see why FT wouldn't.

There was talk about added floors to make up for the lost office space and a concrete bunker to push the tower up. SO maybe the BUILDING portion will be taller but the official height will be 1776 feet. If we get really lucky the office portion would be just higher than what aural ink drew, with no tapering, Just a 1200 foot box with a bunch of stuff ontop.

But if it turns out to be 1000 feet tall I will not be suprised either. So Don't get your hopes up for a 1200 foot tower.

·
It was aliens
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
savethewtc said:
I agree with 7 World Trade, expect to see something such as the Memorial Garden:

I think we'll see less of a torque and much slimmer base. The lattice may increase as depicted in aural ink's rendition and the spire will most likely be gone as Childs hated it to begin with (that was a Libeskind concept.)

We knows Childs likes lattice, wind farms and the torque, so expect those to stay.

The building will not twist, that has already been stated by Garango, The base will be only 200 by 200, not 260 by 260, Expect a thinner tower. That is good if they can make it taller that way.

Unfourtunatly I see no need for an observatory at 1776 from their point of view so there will not be one.

·
It was aliens
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
7 World Trade said:
what aural ink depicted in that photoshopped pic, except with a much lower roof, with a lattice and spire that takes up half of the building's height (maybe slightly more, but not by much).

the building's not going to get any better as long as pataki's around.

In aural ink's picture the floors stop at about 1100 feet, where they are most likely to stop. (more or less)

I wouldn't pin this on pataki as much as I would on Silverstein and Childs, Pataki is a F*cktard, no doubt about that but he's just responsable for the delays which could be a good thing in the end IMO, more time to make the tower better.

Silverstein wants short buildings and Childs is just a crappy boring architect(Except for Bear Sterns, and TWC is ok, 7WTC is rather bland)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have you guys ever thought that maybe the reason they have all of this lattice at the top and so less office floors is because if another 9/11 ever happens again their wont be so many people trapped or killed. Thats the problem with you all that want the tower to have more floors or the WTC to be rebuilt.All you guys think about is yourselves.You all wont have to work in that building when it is completed. you wont have to go to the graves everyday that 2800 people died at. And that is very foolish and immature to rebuild the twin towers.Its like just forgeting all the people that died their and just going on with your lives.And if 9/11 happens if they do have the twins another 2800 or more peole will be killed again.For what just because selfish citizens like you all wanted them rebuilt. Its stupid and foolish. We need to move on. that day made us stronger and united.Consider the workers saefety not your pleasures.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts