SkyscraperCity banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
19,589 Posts
FREIBURG HIT BY NEW STADIUM BLOW

German Bundesliga football club SC Freiburg has been dealt a fresh blow in the development of its new stadium after a court ruled that it will not be allowed to host league games in evenings or at Sunday lunchtime.

After a complaint from local residents, the Baden-Württemberg Administrative Court (VGH) yesterday (Tuesday) ruled that Bundesliga games will not be permitted from 8pm, or on Sundays between 1pm and 3pm. The only exception to this will be for domestic or European cup competitions.

However, the club and the city are confident that the ruling will be overturned. The regional council of Freiburg (RP) said: “We are still confident that our arguments in the main proceedings at the Freiburg Administrative Court will be convincing and that the legal issue will be clarified in our favour by the highest court if necessary.”

SC Freiburg’s chief financial officer, Oliver Leki, added: “(This is) an incomprehensible decision that was not to be expected. I am confident that our legal opinion will be confirmed in the further proceedings.”

·
Registered
34,008 Posts
That is a strange ruling indeed. I guess in the end the club will win this debate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like the inside better than the outside. Don`t like like that you can see the back of the stand and that there is no facade.

·
Registered
34,008 Posts
This is such a major improvement for this sympathetic club from the South of Germany. :)

101 - 120 of 123 Posts