Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Rome earlier this month.. a really nice city with lots of awesome buildings, tons of history and a horrible traffic problem..

All in all a great place I will highly recommend, just leave the car at home and expect to lose a few weeks of your life to polution when walking the streets :)

Enough talk, it's picture time :)

That's all folks :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I hope many get to see your thread because the pic sizes seem to be very big. It has slowed down my computer a lot.

I didn't realize how beautiful Rome is. Maybe the generous sun and your camera skills makes the difference. The colors in Rome are amazing. I'm very amazed. It's a different beauty from, say, Paris--or even Prague, which too, is colorful.

I almost visited Rome last year. I wish I had now. Rome seems to be known as much by its chaos and dirty-looking streets than by its beautiful monuments and buildings, but here I only see the beautiful side and everything looks clean. Is this maybe more in the lower-income neighborhoods and some outer districts, or?

·
london86
308 Posts
Roma is one of the best city on Earth.
Colerful, multietnic, historic, busy and somewhere modern...You can't get tired of it, that's why it is called the eternal city.
Yes, the city has got the traffic problem but guys it requires loads of time to built an efficent metro in such an old city. This city is not Madrid, London or Paris (amazing cities but very modern compared to the very old Rome).
Dirty??Yes, it is not like Switzerland but like the other big cities in the developed world.
Anyways, pics are amazing!!!!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
WOnderful pictures of Rome, thanks.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Wow. I'm still very impressed by the beauty and amazing use of colors in Rome.

BTW, was this taken in some neighborhood outside the centre (or historical center)? It is a much less attractive part and it reminds me of similar neighborhoods in other European cities that are either just outside the centre or well outside of it.

And this one looks like a painting at the top and a photo below. Amazing transition. Was it photoshoped or did the mist/fog do that?

·
S.P.Q.R.
8,176 Posts

·
london86
308 Posts
I've posted some pics of some areas outside the center to show how the other parts of the city look like.
Obviously, some part are nicer than others but i just love Rome, it's got most of the humanity's architecture and with all those different vibrant colours it's looking fantastic. One of the best city in the whole world though.:banana::banana::banana::banana:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.