SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
16,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new cam out today for a whirl. It would be much appreciated if anyone could give me tips on how to improve. Today I think I had ok results but could improve lots, so yes if you have any useful tips, please let me know.

In case you are wondering why it is so busy, the Fremantle festival was on today which always attracts large numbers.

South Terrace, also know as the 'Cappucino strip'

Crowds watching an act in a small civic square near the markets-

More of South tce-

Collie St streetscape-

Not sure, but I think this might have been the first Dome coffee chain around?-

Il Gelato: My favourite ice-creamery. Does anyone know if these stores appear interstate?-

The heart of the Cappucino strip. The restaurant to the right is probably the worst restuarant I have ever been to. If anyone plans on coming here, remember NOT to go to 'Pizza Bellaroma".

Mounted police-

The Newport: The most popular nightspot during weeknights-

A refurbished old building-

Now you can see why they call it the Capuucino strip-

Shopping on South tce-

Fremantle Port Authority

WA Maritime museum-

The historic Commercial Hotel (now backpackers)-

A major icon of Fremantle- Town Hall-

Shopping is really taking off in Fremantle, here are some new shops-

Restaurants down a side street (the first one, masala king was where last seasons 'my restaurant rules' was)-

Back on South tce-

Restaurants again-

A street act-

Crowds-

Bannister St: Part of the historic West end-

A recently refurbished building on Bannister st-

High St mall-

High st: The heart of the historic West end-

Wesley Church-

Coming to the end of South tce-

Forgot the name and use of this historic building-

The recently upgraded train station facade-

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
surprised u didnt see me in there lol.
nice pics..your new cam looks good.
the festival is boring as shit.. i didnt even know it was on today.

·
Registered
48 Posts
those photos are really great! you made me so unbelievably homesick. fremantle has got to be my favourite place in perth. really miss it. some nice little developments have gone up since i was last there. really nice new train station work... but why arentthe swans black?

·
Registered
291 Posts
mike where are you at the moment?

I am home sick as well im in Manchester Uk at the moment i'm not coming back for a few more years yet but boy i cant wait seeing pics like these make me so home sick

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Dilaz89 said:
Took my new cam out today for a whirl. It would be much appreciated if anyone could give me tips on how to improve. Today I think I had ok results but could improve lots, so yes if you have any useful tips, please let me know.
A solid set of pics.. couple of tips I'd give would be avoid shots where you have strong or dominating shadows. If your using an automatic mode and focus on the sunny areas, the shadowed areas will be too dark. And if you instead focus on the dark shadows area, the sun lit areas will become washed out (usually the sky is the first to turn white).

Also don't bother with the camera's digitial zoom, its a pointless gimmick only useful for marketing purposes.

·
16,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't actually use digital zoom. Some may look a bit grainy (like what you would get if you used it) as I had to sharpen them because they came out blurred. I was using the cameras landscape mode which has a slower shutter, so that could explain some of the white sky.

Cheers!

·
Watch my Chops
6,033 Posts
Dilaz they wont have to travel to freo now.
GW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts