SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Work has now started to clear the land for a new purpose-built, high specification 20 storey student accommodation scheme, comprising 140 studios and 443 en-suite cluster flats and significant dedicated communal areas, including a common room, along with study room, gym, cinema and kitchen-dining room for entertaining as well as a private outdoor courtyard.

The site is located at the junction of Friar’s Road and St Patrick’s Road, within the city’s main ring road, just to the south of Coventry city centre and a short walk to Coventry University campus, the city’s main shopping centre and train station.

From Dr Pepper:

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think this one has the potential to be the most physically imposing of all the latest developments. With 20 floors, isolated on one of the highest parts of the city centre, next to a slightly below grade section of the ring road I think it could be a show-stopper if the right materials are selected.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think this one has the potential to be the most physically imposing of all the latest developments. With 20 floors, isolated on one of the highest parts of the city centre, next to a slightly below grade section of the ring road I think it could be a show-stopper if the right materials are selected.
That has occurred to me too. If you think that Friar's House and One Friargate are only 12/13 storeys, and yet appear quite prominent on the skyline, then this building should really stand out.

Materials are key though as you say.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.