NEUM, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA

SARAJEVO, BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA

TIRANA, ALBANIA

OHRID, MACEDONIA

SKOPJE, MACEDONIA

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice Pictures except the first one in Belgrade of the Tram/bus. lol that Tram/bus is one rusty piece of Sh*t

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
Awesome, I gotta save these! :cheers:

It's a pitty that Albania looks (and is) that poor, you can easily see this on those pictures :eek:hno:

But they have stunning landscapes :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Im so shocked by those pictures of Albania...I mean it looks like a really nice place from the handful of pictures posted around this forum...but when u see real pictures of the city it looks very poor :( no offence to any Albanian members.

I also watched a movie called Zero-Hour Albania (2001) on TV a while back...Very sad to see how poor and dusty the place is...only the main boulevarde looked nice.

·
Banned
1,203 Posts
Ozcan and kaphz
The photos you are seeing are not of the city but of the outskirts
Everywhere in the world you have shitty areas , not only in Albania
Turkey is a poor country too Ozcan , it's an asian country who considering its population and size and the fact that it has been democratic for so long is still backward
If Albania was not communist we would be like Switzerland today and yet we are the fastest growing economy in the region and have made great improvement since 1990
The photos you see are BS , they dont represent the whole country

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Dubrovnik smacks of an Aegean place. The Croatians really have a gem there with their Dalmatian coast. I'm sure soon enough they will be challenging Italy Greece and Turkey for tourists, not that they aren't already.

Ohrid looks like a nice place to cool off. I understand this is a major summer destination for relaxing amongst the country's citizens, as well as loads of Serbs and Bulgarians.

Isn't it nice to live in the Balkans? :)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
How tall are the tallest buildings of Belgrade and waht are they? The ones on the background of the two latest pictures. Ohrid and sarajevo look nice i think. No comments on Dubrovnik. How come no pictures of the old part of city of Budva? The roads in Albania are horrible but there were no car ownership before 1991. Only if that bright dictator of ours had spend the money he spend on building 750.000 bunkers and tunnels, to built 4 decent highways, we would have been much better today.

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
Football Rules said:
Ozcan and kaphz
not only in Albania
Turkey is a poor country too Ozcan , it's an asian country who considering its population and size and the fact that it has been democratic for so long is still backward...
I have to agree :eek:hno:
Football Rules said:
If Albania was not communist we would be like Switzerland today...
I disagree..

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ I don't think Tirana looks that bad? Most of the buildings are far better looking than similar ones in the rest of the Balkans, I especially love their topical commieblocks.

The roads are bad, but oh well. Won't matter when we're flying around in hovercars. :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
thebackdoorman said:
How tall are the tallest buildings of Belgrade and waht are they?
Usce 120m
Genex 115m (Officially known as the Western City Gate. Anyway, good to have a mod that can capture the awesomeness of brutalism)
Beogradjanka 101m (ugly curtains, but the structure works quite nicely*)

The last pic you saw showed the Eastern City Gate; three residential towers, 27 floors high.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts