SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Architecture Student
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't heard of this Minnesota town then check it out someday! It was voted to be one of the best main streets in America and is busy with activity. My shots may not be the greatest, just got the camera last week, but they show how picturesque this town is.
DSC_0080 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0066 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0068 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0072 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0071 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0088 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0086 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0075 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0076 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0084 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0077 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0085 by grant.simons, on Flickr

·
Architecture Student
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Continued...

Row houses have been there for a few years now, they're building more to extend all the way too the main street
DSC_0074 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0081 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0073 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0082 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0069 by grant.simons, on Flickr
DSC_0089 by grant.simons, on Flickr

How'd you like your view from your dining room...
DSC_0078 by grant.simons, on Flickr

To be this...
DSC_0079 by grant.simons, on Flickr

The town also features a trolley (wasn't out running today), a library that was built to look like an old bank and a regional trail running right through it. Excelsior Brewery is becoming a big player in the brew world and they have an awesome shop! There are plans for a boutique hotel right next to a 3 screen home style movie theater that's right next to the lake. Also there used to be an amusement park there that was pretty well known.

·
Banned
289 Posts
Thank you for all the beautiful pics of Excelsior. I've been there numerous times while in the Twin Cities, have many friends who live on or nearby Lake Minnetonka.

·
Architecture Student
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the photos. My favorite suburb of the Twin Cities!
Doesn't even feel like a suburb most times. It's 100% walkable and is serviced by transit. You can walk to almost all essentials needs from about a 1 mile radius from your house if you live in one of those houses in the cute neighborhood behind Water St.

·
Paradise Island
3,695 Posts
Excelsior is a cool town. I always think of it as the west metro equivalent to Stillwater. I've been meaning to get out there with my camera for the last couple of years but it keeps on not happening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts