Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
That is a pretty cool video :eek:kay: Guess the Triad won't need funds for transportation. If you can get from Greensboro to Winston-Salem in one minute, then you are all doing fine in the transportation department :lol:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
LOL!! btw they finally have the center highway lights up on I-40 in Greensboro

looks like Atlanta without the hov lanes..lol all these lanes and still we have the the new I-40 bypass (southwestern loop section) will be open later this year....you can never have enough lanes and bypasses LOL well they are smart because they are preparing for the future when the population will eventually double. Pretty much half the beltway around Greensboro will be complete by next year.

Just think.......25 years ago this section was 2 lanes going in each direction. Even with 5 lanes going in each direction you can still see a bit of traffic on I-40. If it were 2 lanes like 25 years ago...forget it. It would be a parking lot and probablly take more than an hour to get across Greensboro in rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in the scenary to the left on that photo, you will be seeing Triad Tower (office condo development) rise 22 stories so it will reall seem big city then.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
That will be cool :eek:kay: In a way, it will have a similar effect to the University Tower, in Durham. I always found that to be an interesting picture. I know that people complain about the tower's location, but we can't please everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts