SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They've started to do some really nice parodies (or rather critiques) against things happening in Miami.

Last episode they feautred a mock-version of Jersey Shore.

I'm loving it!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
They've started to do some really nice parodies (or rather critiques) against things happening in Miami.

Last episode they feautred a mock-version of Jersey Shore.

I'm loving it!
I wish there were more city references...but I guess it would "date" the reruns..!

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
It's never been a show I could get into (David Caruso bores me to tears) but I watched most of an episode recently. They really may as well call it CSI: Southern California...there was just so much easily recognized scenes of that area.

Maybe they'll soon start including the "Hollywood" sign and some mountains! :lol:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Very true but to give them some credit, they have been using more CGI backgrounds of Miami during scenes with the cast. So now it's not just aerial shots between commercials.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's never been a show I could get into (David Caruso bores me to tears) but I watched most of an episode recently. They really may as well call it CSI: Southern California...there was just so much easily recognized scenes of that area.

Maybe they'll soon start including the "Hollywood" sign and some mountains! :lol:
Dexter beats them to it though!
Yesterday they showed 8 Biscayne Blvd and when they entered the building (which in series was an office building) they had Long Beach Harbour in the background. :D

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
^^ I don't know, they might have failed in that bit. But they manage of disguising Southern California a lot better than CSI:Miami. Not when they're in the coast because you can tell when it's not Biscayne Bay, but in the neighborhood shots and driving scenes, they pick spots that could be anywhere around Shenandoah, Little Havana, neighborhoods that LA can look a lot like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts