SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope the title is right! xD

Today I was with two friends... One works in NAER (Its something related to the New Lisbon Airport) and the other in the Ministry of Transportation.

We were talking about the Portuguese network of airports (from what I know about the Portuguese population and Portuguese tourism), and whe have reached this conclusion to the future:

I hope I got the places right...
So, from North to South I believe it is: Braganca, Vila Real, Porto, Coimbra, Ota, Lisbon, Beja, Faro.

You have there also some domestic routes that already exist.

The three main are Lisbon (for the entire country and not only), Porto (the entire north part of PortuGaliza) and Faro (South Portugal and Spanish Andalusia).
Then we would have Bragança for the North of Portugal and Castilla from Spain.
Coimbra for the Center region of Portugal.
Ota would be for some charter and private airports (like Cascais) for the Oeste region (this region is really beautiful!!!).
In Beja (almost ready, from what I know) its more cargo and low cost for Lisbon area, some Algarve and of course the entire Alentejo region.

So, I hope to get some opinions ;)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
You forgot the Azorean international airports: Ponta Delgada, Lajes, Horta, Sta.Maria and Pico. With regional airports at Flores, S.Jorge and Graciosa. Plus Corvo airfield with regular flights to the other islands.

And, of course, the international airports in Madeira: Funchal and Porto Santo.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You forgot the Azorean international airports: Ponta Delgada, Lajes, Horta, Sta.Maria and Pico. With regional airports at Flores, S.Jorge and Graciosa. Plus Corvo airfield with regular flights to the other islands.

And, of course, the international airports in Madeira: Funchal and Porto Santo.
I was talking only about the European part of Portugal... I can't see the islands have more airports...

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
ha uns tempos saiu a noticia que o aeroporto de beja estava quase a abrir e ainda nao tinha contratos com nenhuma empresa de aviação ou algo do genero
:lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha uns tempos saiu a noticia que o aeroporto de beja estava quase a abrir e ainda nao tinha contratos com nenhuma empresa de aviação ou algo do genero
:lol:
From what my friend told me, they are negotiating with some airlines, including some Portuguese, two European low costs and one Chinese cargo airline...

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Falta o Aeroporto da Cova da Beira na Covilhã... e talvez um Aeroporto na zona de Portalegre. Lembro-me do de Ponte de Sor.
A não ser que se esteja a planear uma rede de transportes regionais (podia-se usar aviões turbo-hélice com capacidade para uns 40 passageiros) que rentabilize as estruturas, não vejo grande viabilidade nesses aeroportos... Com uma rede regional, já poderia ser interessante ter essas estruturas, e com dimensão para receber aviões "a sério", para ver se aparecia algum turismo (claro que ninguém vai meter um charter em Ponte de Sôr se não houver empreendimentos turísticos lá na zona).

Voltando ao mapa: Ota?!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A não ser que se esteja a planear uma rede de transportes regionais (podia-se usar aviões turbo-hélice com capacidade para uns 40 passageiros) que rentabilize as estruturas, não vejo grande viabilidade nesses aeroportos... Com uma rede regional, já poderia ser interessante ter essas estruturas, e com dimensão para receber aviões "a sério", para ver se aparecia algum turismo (claro que ninguém vai meter um charter em Ponte de Sôr se não houver empreendimentos turísticos lá na zona).

Voltando ao mapa: Ota?!
Yes, from what I know there is a plan of the local City Hall, the Oeste Intermunicipal Community (something like that) and some privates in the Oeste region, in order to built a regional airport there, to open when the New Lisbon Airport opens, in order to have charters and private planes to support the Oeste Region tourism (that is beginning to have a "boom" with foreigners)...
I'll ask for some public sources, if there are available...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the map you see some "circles"... That is like the area influenced by each airport... Its not very accurate, but ok! xD

·
'tou na lua...
41,754 Posts
Keep Portela for low costs as the new one will be too expensive for them if we consider the actual exaggerated taxes at Portela...
I hope one in Coimbra is done in the next few years, as thousands of people would use them. We have many Erasmus and foreigner students and investigators, plus the tourism would develop the region a lot. And there are considerable communities of Germans and Dutch around here, not forgetting the many Spanish and people from Madeira and the Açores who live and study here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keep Portela for low costs as the new one will be too expensive for them if we consider the actual exaggerated taxes at Portela...
I hope one in Coimbra is done in the next few years, as thousands of people would use them. We have many Erasmus and foreigner students and investigators, plus the tourism would develop the region a lot. And there are considerable communities of Germans and Dutch around here, not forgetting the many Spanish and people from Madeira and the Açores who live and study here.
You can speak Portuguese ;)

Portela for low cost, and the new one for the others? That can't be done...
Low cost in the center of the city, and the other far away, would be the end for the other airlines, and the luxury tourism in Portugal... Portugal would become like some parts of Spain... and thats bad!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Yes, from what I know there is a plan of the local City Hall, the Oeste Intermunicipal Community (something like that) and some privates in the Oeste region, in order to built a regional airport there, to open when the New Lisbon Airport opens, in order to have charters and private planes to support the Oeste Region tourism (that is beginning to have a "boom" with foreigners)...
I'll ask for some public sources, if there are available...
Como aquilo ainda é base aérea (que eu saiba), espero bem que o MDN nunca dê autorização para um disparate desse calibre. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Como aquilo ainda é base aérea (que eu saiba), espero bem que o MDN nunca dê autorização para um disparate desse calibre. :eek:hno:
First: any airplane lands there anymore...
Second: what the air force still has there, its already on the moving to Ovar... And even if it wasn't, everywhere in the world I see joint military-comercial airports... Why can't that happen in Portugal?!

·
I Love You... Soraia
27,934 Posts
With Porto airport independence from the network (in conversation and with a huge lobby) there is no room to Lisboa airport to serve the entire country. In fact, Lisboa airport don't serve the entire country. Is the entire country that serves Lisboa airport (or his traffic), precisely because that "network". The end for this stupidity is near. Porto airport will be for North, Lisboa airport will be for South.

·
I Love You... Soraia
27,934 Posts
And what i'm saying is for the main three airports.

I hope more airports will be made, and all the portuguese people could have this kind of infrastructure near their homes.

The other airports, i believe they must connect to the main ones free of charge. (If a person go outside of country, ofcourse!)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With Porto airport independence from the network (in conversation and with a huge lobby) there is no room to Lisboa airport to serve the entire country. In fact, Lisboa airport don't serve the entire country. Is the entire country that serves Lisboa airport (or his traffic), precisely because that "network". The end for this stupidity is near. Porto airport will be for North, Lisboa airport will be for South.
And what i'm saying is for the main three airports.

I hope more airports will be made, and all the portuguese people could have this kind of infrastructure near their homes.

The other airports, i believe they must connect to the main ones free of charge. (If a person go outside of country, ofcourse!)
Ok... we don't live in the same country...

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
First: any airplane lands there anymore...
Second: what the air force still has there, its already on the moving to Ovar... And even if it wasn't, everywhere in the world I see joint military-comercial airports... Why can't that happen in Portugal?!
Em geral, e com excepção de Monte Real, não tenho nada contra a partilha de pistas entre a FAP e a aviação comercial. Não tenho nada contra a Portela/Figo Maduro, por exemplo, ou contra o aeroporto de Beja usar a pista da BA11. Ou contra o aeroporto de Porto Santo.

Só acho que uma aeroporto na Ota, principalmente depois da confusão que já foi com o NAL, é má ideia. Até porque fica no enfiamento do NAL, e são só 40km de Alenquer ao Campo de Tiro de Alcochete por Vila Franca de Xira e Samora Correia. Se estivessem a falar de um aeroporto na zona de Torres Vedras, ou assim... Mas na Ota? Asneira.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts