SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to have a picture of what the Downtown Los Angeles skyline will look like when all the buildings are complete ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've seen a picture floating around on one of these threads that has the outlines of future buildings poorly sketched on to the LA skyline, but that's about it. I've been thinking of making my own..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vidiot said:
I've seen a picture floating around on one of these threads that has the outlines of future buildings poorly sketched on to the LA skyline, but that's about it. I've been thinking of making my own..
COULD YOU DO THAT PLEASE :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
LosAng said:
COULD YOU DO THAT PLEASE :)
yea maybe in the next week or so... I'm in the middle of final exams right now, so I have to concentrate on those :(

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,745 Posts
^Good luck man :eek:kay:
The future skyline looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have always admired the great density of the la skyline... although not very large in size... besides that huge dense clutser there isnt much else

·
Registered
404 Posts
nimbyhater said:
i have always admired the great density of the la skyline... although not very large in size... besides that huge dense clutser there isnt much else
Thats why LA is special. People came here to live not squeezed in in like the 50s and 60s. We just started building up in the 80s, stuff doesn't happen that fast.

·
Avant Garde
3,807 Posts
One thing that I love about the LA skyline is the fact that it mutates. I mean no matter what angle you look at it, it always changes.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
SILVERLAKE said:
THE MEGA CITY!

Looking at this pic, and imagining all the buildings going up soon, the skyline is gonna be so much wider, with the area around staples really booming with about 10 towers currently U/C or approved (metropolis with three towers, LA Live, Elleven Project, and a few others so mayber even more than 10) and streching the other way as well with the Grand ave plan and its 5 - 6 towers. In 5 years, our Skyline is going to look twice as big.

·
Registered
213 Posts
LosAngelesSportsFan said:
Looking at this pic, and imagining all the buildings going up soon, the skyline is gonna be so much wider, with the area around staples really booming with about 10 towers currently U/C or approved (metropolis with three towers, LA Live, Elleven Project, and a few others so mayber even more than 10) and streching the other way as well with the Grand ave plan and its 5 - 6 towers. In 5 years, our Skyline is going to look twice as big.
*sigh*... brings a tear to my eye :)

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
can someone post a b4 the contruction pic to compare ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
nimbyhater said:
Not sure I understand this comment...the only other U.S. CBD skylines "larger in size" by any criterion would be Manhattan and Chicago...an outside argument could be made for Houston or maybe Altanta in this grouping, I suppose. Also, LA has at least two other skylines, Century City (impressive in it's own right) and Westwood, plus the Mid-Wilshire and Miracle Mile districts. I'm not a big ol' rah rah LA booster by any stretch of the imagination, but I have to call out stupid, vapid comments containing backhanded compliments when I see 'em.

·
Avant Garde
3,807 Posts
Thinking about it..LA has a young group of skyscrapers. Union Bank (Second building from the left in Silverlake's picture) was build in the early 60's? US Bank in 1989. Gas Co and Cal Plaza 1 in 1992. Seems as though downtown is under a skyscraper boom like it saw in the late 80's/early 90's. Now more than ever is a awesome time to live in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
403 Posts
el tico said:
Pretty neat! i think LA really does have a cool CBD...

Not the most impressive one, but it's still nice.
What does CBD mean?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts