SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
661 - 668 of 668 Posts

·
23,292 Posts
The South Africans aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer - they are under the IMPRESSION that they are developed but the TRUTH is that South Africa is a corrupt country teeming with reverse racism, the daily rape and abuse of children (unlike anywhere else in the world), xenophobia, the blatant abuse of democracy, HUGE crime rate and their cities are more third world than anything that I have seen in Brazil (who I might add is decades ahead of South Africa).I hope that I am proven wrong one day.
Says the dude who:

1) quit SSC last night

2) posted racist comments in every South African thread he could find

3) came back later to remove the racist comments from some of them, but forgot where half of them were

4) is now a huge laughing stock on the forum

5) seriously needs to grow up

·
Registered
177 Posts
Re. all

Says the dude who:

1) quit SSC last night

2) posted racist comments in every South African thread he could find

3) came back later to remove the racist comments from some of them, but forgot where half of them were

4) is now a huge laughing stock on the forum

5) seriously needs to grow up
@ all :please back to topic , this discussion goes a wrong way , a very wrong way !! So this talk IS ABOUT MEGACITIES , not bashing every other ,okay!!!!:eek:hno:

·
23,292 Posts
@ all :please back to topic , this discussion goes a wrong way , a very wrong way !! So this talk IS ABOUT MEGACITIES , not bashing every other ,okay!!!!:eek:hno:
I was simply correcting the nonsense that man decided to spew out before anyone started taking it as fact. Unfortunately I don't think it will get deleted by a moderator.

And I agree, back to the topic.

·
Atheism rulez!
3,278 Posts
The South Africans aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer - they are under the IMPRESSION that they are developed but the TRUTH is that South Africa is a corrupt country teeming with reverse racism, the daily rape and abuse of children (unlike anywhere else in the world), xenophobia, the blatant abuse of democracy, HUGE crime rate and their cities are more third world than anything that I have seen in Brazil (who I might add is decades ahead of South Africa).I hope that I am proven wrong one day.
Ahheemmm! A friend of mine showed me pictures of some Brazilian cities from above. She made a tour around the continent and bought a ticket you can use to travel by air. I don't remember the name of the kind of ticket she used. But Brazilian cities lokk HORRIBLE from air!!! There is at least a 200km² slum around Rio, Sao Paulo looked as if it was built within a slum with slums throughout the city as well, but the worst photo was from Salvador and Belm. They looked just like endless slum areas! This is NOT better than South Africa. And the country is not decades ahead of South Africa. It has the huge amount of 50% of FUNCTIONAL illiterate (those who would be considered illiterate in a developed country), the crime rates are within the worst in the world and the income disparities are within the world's worst also! So what does it mean decades ahead? No way. They are pretty much about the same with the only difference being that South Africa continues being a racist Apartheid country!
And this topic is getting off topic. It is about megacities in the developed world. None of the two countries can be considered developed and South Africa has no megacities. So this is a topic to be discussed elsewhere! :eek:hno:

·
Nkrabea Nni Kwatibea
3,715 Posts
They are pretty much about the same with the only difference being that South Africa continues being a racist Apartheid country!
lol, you really should consider doing a bit more research before you decide to make such strong statements. ;)

·
Atheism rulez!
3,278 Posts
lol, you really should consider doing a bit more research before you decide to make such strong statements. ;)
I know you have a black president. But Apartheid continues in the heads of most people. And at least in the shanties you don't see the white people!

·
23,292 Posts
I know you have a black president. But Apartheid continues in the heads of most people. And at least in the shanties you don't see the white people!
Clearly you haven't seen the documentary on South Africa's poor whites have you? Moral of the story - research or actually live here before trying to be all-knowing.

Now back on topic please.

·
Atheism rulez!
3,278 Posts
Yes back on topic. So, which are the next megacities in developed world, meaning Europe, East Asia, Australia or North America... Which ones?

661 - 668 of 668 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.