SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Future Perth

76K views 1K replies 78 participants last post by  jez_24 
#1 · (Edited)
The website is pretty much done now... just needz to move in :lol:

It features the following;
- Blog style posting (Admin)
- Comments for posts (with the ability to disable comments, and hide censored comments, also the ablility to block IP addresses of spammers)
- Photos for posts
- Links Management (Admin)
- Membership Management (Admin), member types, member lists, and membership renewal
- User Management (Admin), including profile management
- Page Management (Admin) (this allows pages to be created, i.e. about, contact, etc...)

Also, gmail based emails, google apps (for colabrative work, calanders, etc...)
eMails will be ****.*@futureperth.org accessable by going to mail.futureperth.org. These emails will only be given to key members of futureperth as there is a limited amount available.
google Apps is accessable by going to google.futureperth.org
you will be able to access the apps once you have been granted an email address.

The website is accessable via;

www.futureperth.com
www.futureperth.net
www.futureperth.org
www.futureperth.info

See less See more
#4 ·
goran.t@futureperth.org ...

we need the surname initial in case theres more than one, err goran.... more for people caslled john etc.

surnames can be long and difficult, just use the first initial to keep them all tidy, some people may want their anonymity respected as well, like goran not posting his facebook cos it has his last name. etc.

in the case of their being for example more than one andrew.t@ easy solution is using andy.t@ for the other one.

#13 ·
Alvse, when loading the site on the slightly older version of Firefox I have at home the background of the main section doesnt load correctly. Im not sure if thats an issue?? but from experience I know making things work for all versions of browsers can be a pain.

Where do things stand regarding membership at the moment?

#20 · (Edited)
In order for conduct to be misleading or deceptive it must be 'in trade or commerce'. Is what we are doing 'in trade or commerce'? I would think not. But of course there is s 10 FTA. FuturePerth is a 'person'. No need to be acting 'in trade or commerce'!

However, you can only get 'sued' for misleading and deceptive conduct by someone who has suffered loss or damage. I don't see how anyone could suffer damage caused by what the group has done so far lol.

But yes, a good idea to remove the Inc until we are actually incorporated!

#33 · (Edited)
Of course it was pointless. If the decision was always going to come down to what a select few wanted then fine, as it is that select few who have put in most of the effort in getting this off the ground, however the fact is that the vote was completely irrelevant. What was achieved in the end was the result of discussion, not the vote. The fact is that UrbanOutlook very well could have won the vote even if those few who changed their minds voted otherwise. I think the problem is that once one picks a name, then many reasons as to why it might not be good come to the forefront. UrbanOutlook had a lot going for it, and FuturePerth also has many negatives. In the end, it was this kind of discussion an disagreement that led to a vote being held.

Anyway, it's all a moot point now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.