SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a FuturePerth thread obviously in the W.A. forum but I thought it appropriate to create a thread here because it's actually made news!

The group is now official and had an article in todays West

For those interested, check out the FuturePerth thread in the W.A. section:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=631869

And here is the website, thanks to Alvse:

http://www.futureperth.org/index.asp

Congrats to the WA forum guys for making a difference.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
I get calls & emails all the time asking for me to go work in Perth.

Seems Perth and Townsville have a big shortage of planners at the moment as I get calls from Townsville too.

J

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
8,211 Posts
there is reported now interests from Today Tonight for the group, hopefully this group can get some serious momentoum and do something great for the city...

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
I'm surprised that A Current Affair is not interested yet. The two shows have been like a mirror of each other for the last few years. So much for being exclusive.

·
Lurker
3,805 Posts
Congrats on your work guys, it's great to see some initiative happening. :)

Perhaps FuturePerth can become a model for similar organisations in other cities too.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Congrats on your work guys, it's great to see some initiative happening. :)

Perhaps FuturePerth can become a model for similar organisations in other cities too.
I agree. There was talk of spurring something like that on at my uni with the young planners but people were too lathergic. :(

·
A 'Refined Bogan'
8,211 Posts
we were actually hopeing something like that might happen, which is why we were looking at a name which didn't identify i specific location, like UrbanEvolution but the majority of the favourites were already taken, and FuturePerth won out.

But hopefully there could be FutureMelbourne, FutureBrisbane and the likes in years to come...

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
we were actually hopeing something like that might happen, which is why we were looking at a name which didn't identify i specific location, like UrbanEvolution but the majority of the favourites were already taken, and FuturePerth won out.

But hopefully there could be FutureMelbourne, FutureBrisbane and the likes in years to come...
It an online Melbourne thinktank has been going for a while now, it's pretty interesting...

FutureMelbourne

1 - 20 of 60 Posts