SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Leudimin
8,494 Posts
Line 2 is opening today at 9:30. It runs from Suyang to Yangli, with 22 stations along its 30.6 km route, thus making Fuzhou metro 55.5 km long. Line 2 is planned to be extended in both directions in the long term, to Zhuqi in the West and to Maweigang in the East.

·
Leudimin
8,494 Posts
I wasn't sure if line F1 was "goodbye"* or not. Now I'm sure :D. Notice the map, which has different lines 8 and 9 to those in previous plans, and also makes line 4 into a circle line. I see the second Binhai line is now line 13, I had previously seen it as line 12. I still have to see a planning map with lines 10, 11 and 12.

* 再见 ("See you later") is a perfect homophone of 在建 ("to be under construction")

·
PC LOAD LETTER
7,474 Posts
I wasn't sure if line F1 was "goodbye"* or not. Now I'm sure :D. Notice the map, which has different lines 8 and 9 to those in previous plans, and also makes line 4 into a circle line. I see the second Binhai line is now line 13, I had previously seen it as line 12. I still have to see a planning map with lines 10, 11 and 12.
An amazing and fast-growing system!

What's interesting is that hundreds of thousands of Fujianese continue to flock to Flushing, despite having a vastly superior public transport network in their home province. Truly one of the more bizarre migrations in recent memory.

·
Leudimin
8,494 Posts
I've now found a map of the current plan. 14 lines are planned (including line K1), as well as several tram lines (Ax in the plans). At one point (2017) a line 14 was planned, but then they reshuffled some lines, dropping the original line 8 on the right bank of Min River, so now the line that originally appeared as line 14 has received the lucky number.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts