SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fascinated by aerials. Who isn't? It's interesting to see how compact the city was until the 19th century and then it just exploaded. Here are some different views of Göteborg from the air, all of them from the same height.

1. Staden inom vallgraven, the 17th century city.

2. Vasastaden and Kungsparken, the 19th century city.

3. Kungsladugård, 1910s-1930s.

4. Kålltorp, 1910s-1930s.

5. Östra Cemetery.

6. Götaplatsen, 1920s-1930s.

7. Liseberg amusement park, 1920s.

8. Slottsskogen.

9. Lilla Bommen, 1980s.

10. Götaverken, 1940s.

11. Hisingen.

12. Tuve, 1960s.

13. Biskopsgården, 1950s.

14. Backaplan shopping area.

15. Eriksberg redeveloped docks, 1990s-today.

16. Nya Älvsborgs fästning, 17th century.

17. Container port, 1970s.

18. Torslanda obsolete airport being redeveloped for small scale housing.

19. Ullevi stadium, 1958.

20. Saltholmen ferry terminal and marina.

21. Frölunda Torg suburb centre, 1960s.

22. Astra Hässle medical research facility, 1990s.

23. Göteborg City Airport, old military airfield recently converted to low budget airport in 2000s.

24. Björlanda kile, biggest marina in northern Europe.

25. Oil port, 1960s.

26. Tingstadstunneln, 1960s.

27. Volvo Car plant, 1970s.

·
Expert
933 Posts
neat these kinda threads are nice and unusual and offers a good view over the city... fun to see what biskopsgården looks like... i've got an old classmate living there

·
囧!
10,896 Posts
Cool thread. It gets 100% more interesting with the comments too.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Where did you find these pictures?

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Good idea for a thread Svempa! :eek:kay: I have this book called "Göteborg from the air" at home (I have one with Stockholm too), that captures the city from above and this thread reminds me of it. Very interesting, I sometimes browse around Hitta.se's aerials just for fun since they have such a good resolution on [some] cities.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe some Stockholmer wants to do a similar thing from Stockholm? I used the satellite pictures in Hitta.se at size 9 and then I cropped them to 800x600 pixels.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Great pics, Gøteborg looks really nice and well-planned from up there! That Cemetery and Nya Älvsborgs fästning looks really cool, similar to Munkholmen we have in Trondheim, just much bigger. :)

·
\m/
1,515 Posts
Svempa, please show more of the urban neighbourhoods, like staff did. although I appreciate that you showed us the suburban side which staff avoided. :)

·
forumer #29
4,854 Posts
Maybe some Stockholmer wants to do a similar thing from Stockholm? I used the satellite pictures in Hitta.se at size 9 and then I cropped them to 800x600 pixels.
Well, there's a Malmö thread thanks to staff. So... ;)

·
forumer #29
4,854 Posts
^You're too late, my Scanian friend. 'Twas already done ;) :cheers1:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Svempa, please show more of the urban neighbourhoods, like staff did. although I appreciate that you showed us the suburban side which staff avoided. :)
Yes, I'll see if I can update the pics later. The initial idea was just to show some cool pics from the air and to compare the modern stuff like the port etc to the old and compact part of the city.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts