1 - 20 of 365 Posts

·
Metallica Band Member
648 Posts
Goldis plans RM500m landmark tower in KL
By Vasantha Ganesan
[email protected]

March 23 2006

GOLDIS Bhd, a private equity investor, plans to construct a landmark building, worth an estimated RM500 million, which will be located at the heart of Kuala Lumpur.

The value of the two 30-storey tower, which is at the corner of Jalan Ampang and Jalan Tun Razak and next to the Tabung Haji headquarters, is based on recent property transactions, including land costs.

"Goldis Tower will be a new landmark in Kuala Lumpur. We decided to launch a new concept in development which is the first of its kind in Malaysia," its senior corporate investment manager Colin Ng said.

Its appeal will be the "live, work, play" concept. This means that one could stay at apartments in the tower, work at its offices, and exercise at the gym.

The tower would also have a 250-room boutique hotel.

Construction will start after Goldis finalises the main contractor.

"We are finalising the tenders. We have identified one main contractor and are now finalising on the pricing," Ng told Business Times in an interview.

"We should start work in the next couple of months and the tower will be ready in three years," he said.

Goldis will fund the project with internal funds and money from strategic investors. Once completed, it plans to lease out the space.

As for indications of price, Ng said that premium buildings in the area are rented at between RM6 per sq ft and RM6.50 per sq ft.

"This will be a place for those who want a prestigious office address, like an investment banker, a boutique banking house or a company which simply wants a good office address" Ng pointed out.

The building, covering a gross floor area of 1.2 million sq ft, will include duplex suites measuring 2,600 sq ft each, where the top floor will be the chief executive officer living area, while the floor below will have an office.

The "U" shaped tower, will have a total of four penthouses. There will also be a Penthouse Club Floor, which is a business centre-cum-restaurants located at one of the towers.

The towers are connected at the top floors by a bridge. The bridge, Ng said will have a floating bar. "It is little things like this that makes our building a decent one and would give the full experience of live, work and play," he said.

Some 40,000 sq ft of space has been allocated for a gym and a pool.

Once the building is ready, Glodis plans to move its head office from Menara Tan & Tan and occupy the penthouses in one of the towers.

·
you are you and i am me..
10,154 Posts
n oh.....it mean that there will be no more parking lot there n will it make the Restaurant Pelita to move to another location based on its gigantic size?

·
12,929 Posts
ZaHiRnYa??? said:
n oh.....it mean that there will be no more parking lot there n will it make the Restaurant Pelita to move to another location based on its gigantic size?

Errrr....Pelita is next to Wisma Central lah :D I assume you mean Lotus? :D

I dun think Lotus is affected cos it is on another plot of land that doesn't belongs to Tan&Tan ;)

Actually I am a bit sad that they decide to built something so short at such a nice location. They should have a 50 storey tower there at least :yes:

But quite a nice design......at least there is a building there lah :D

·
10,154 Posts
szehoong said:
Errrr....Pelita is next to Wisma Central lah :D I assume you mean Lotus? :D

I dun think Lotus is affected cos it is on another plot of land that doesn't belongs to Tan&Tan ;)
Oh...yeah..im referring to Lotus ;)

Eh..the land belong to Tan&Tan ke?

·
10,154 Posts
szehoong said:
Malaysia do not have strict zoning regulation for building height like in Singapore or HK ;)

ANyway if Menara Citibank and Empire Tower could be more than 30 storeys.....I dun see why this cannot rite? :D
Then, you should just email then n asked why they have to settle for 30 floor when then can go higher than that ;)

·
10,154 Posts
szehoong said:
Tan & Tan is a subsidiary of GoldIS after a corporate restructuring. Last time T&T is the parent company ;)
I honestly didnt know that..if that is the case, why dont u email either GoldIS or Tan n Tan for additional floor ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
ZaHiRnYa??? said:
Maybe they already ask for a 50 storey building, but didnt get the approval :(
I hear the reason why Goldis Tower cant be taller is not coz it will overshadow Twin Towers but b'coz it should not overshadow Tabung Haji building.

·
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!
6,751 Posts
szehoong said:
Remember when we felt like wanna curi the KLCC map hahahaha :lol:
haha I remembered we were greeted by 7 yr olds at the upper floors.

1 - 20 of 365 Posts