SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! :)

Have to love the aesthetics in this part of town, although it could have seen a bit more street-life in my opinion.
I agree with that, but I think the situation will become better in that regard when they start developing Filipstad. I can't wait.
:)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Perfect. :applause:

That's architecture at its finest. Just take a look at the details...

I wish we could build something like this now-a-days.

P.s Do you have any info regarding the Architect behind pic. nr:5? (I guess the building(s) isn't that old 1920-1940 perhaps...)

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P.s Do you have any info regarding the Architect behind pic. nr:5? (I guess the building(s) isn't that old 1920-1940 perhaps...)
If you are talking about the white building in the middle: Built in 1900. Drawn by Carl Anian Aaman which was a immigrant from Stockholm that moved to the city in 1899.

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you are talking about the white building in the middle: Built in 1900. Drawn by Carl Anian Aaman which was a immigrant from Stockholm that moved to the city in 1899.
Thanks.
.... what about the green one? The name of the street is "Gabels Gate" right? > (if so I might be able to find further info myself :)

951 Posts
Here is a Norwegian article about the green building:
Apropos..a top floor apartment in the building right across the street from the green building is for sale.
http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/homes/object?finnkode=31200318

(all images courtesy of finn.no)

And it only costs 13 bananas..:banana: Says something about the price level in this area. Although still not that much compared to what they pay at tjuvholmen for an apartment this size.
(Sorry for hijacking of thread)

·
7,974 Posts
I'm gonna keep my eyes on this thread...you've been warned! :D

I like those two bank buildings. Really cool stuff. Btw,looks like you guys also have really nice warm autumn this year (global warming FTW!!)...

1 - 20 of 160 Posts