SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GARSTON'S [Pictures Added] Raving Yellow Lamb Banana Party

I'm sure youre all aware of the Super Lamb Banana's situation at the moment.
There's a campaign to get it placed in its spiritual home of Garston.

If youve got time pop along.

·
Fugly
11,298 Posts
It'll be egged like my house. It's the eggy one on Moss Street.

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, the parade in front of the bank on St Mary's immediately sprung to mind. It would be an ideal place IMO, diverting traffic off the bypass, past the shops (most of which are derelict) some of them hopefully stopping to spend in the area. It's a shame. St Mary's has potential, and it will be realised eventually. This end of Garston has a wealth of pubs etc, and ending up like South Road, Waterloo or even Lark Lane may be within its reach. There are northern line and WCML stations within five minutes walk.

I'd love this little patch of Garston to be heaving again, all the shops and flats occupied and people on the streets after 4:00PM.

:cheers:

·
Fugly
11,298 Posts
Kwiky yes. Baths no.

There is a new Lifestyles baths on the rec. Looks quite smart, but I cannae fit through the front doors to find out....

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
What's happened to the baths? Isn't something happening or happened to the bus depot as well.

Years since I was in Garston.

·
Fugly
11,298 Posts
Kev said there were plans for 100-odd apartments on the depot site. The market has gone too, it's in front of the shops by Iceland etc now.

Change your friging signature Mick! Or I'll resort to ****** ***** reeks of Gin!

Island Rd is nice. The rest of that end is shite.

·
Fugly
11,298 Posts
Cheers for the new sig Mick! The market is still derelict. I walk past it most weeks coming from New Mersey with the missus They even have the tattered cloth covers intact... The Palatine is still an anus though...

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
Is Garston proper about to boom?

The Garston pub site, the part of the docks over the bypass, under the bridge, the bus depot, the Parkway etc.

Allerton Road MkII.

·
Fugly
11,298 Posts
Arseton Pub= about to be levelled ad turned into cheapo Leeds apartments.

You'll have to wait for the trolls to move from under the bridge for this place to really boom. Otherwise it'll just quietly go 'pop' every year or so....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A firm of solicitors has expanded in Garston and has described it as the next Boom area of Liverpool. A result of the success of the area in recent years. Many who cannot afford the house prices in more affluent areas will settle here.

Alex Corina (The artist who did the Mona Lennon for The Capital of Culture bid on the front of St. Georges Hall) is spearheading the push for the lamb to be in garston. He is also behind the Garston Cultural Village Campaign

Garston docks was a big importer of bananas apparently and is thriving once more.

The area off Garston Village (towards the park) is great full of little gems.

If I go I'll post some pics of the day - beer has been promised by Alex.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
If Garston wants it, great. It is bad news, and doesnt belong in the city centre. Silly street art is okay at a very early stage in regeneration, but Liverpool has moved on.

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
Not silly at all.............

liverpolitan said:
If Garston wants it, great. It is bad news, and doesnt belong in the city centre. Silly street art is okay at a very early stage in regeneration, but Liverpool has moved on.
Liverpool has moved on, but I hope SLB stays put in the centre. Its one of my favorite pieces of public art, I hope it ends up at the Pier Head/Mann Island site.

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
woody said:
Liverpool has moved on, but I hope SLB stays put in the centre. Its one of my favorite pieces of public art, I hope it ends up at the Pier Head/Mann Island site.
Super Lambanana is an icon of Liverpool now, he/she/it/thing, should stay in Liverpool city centre and never leave. If he/she/it/thing were to leave, then a great disaster would befall Liverpool, maybe.......!!!!!! :runaway:

·
Registered
817 Posts
One of my prized possessions sitting on my mantel piece is a Superlambanana model, and I had a job getting hold of one. I eventually got one from the queens square tourist office and the lady who served me told me they were very popular with tourists.

I think it has to stay Downtown. Garston should be given something though, maybe a new model: Superlambanana 2. :)

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
Steve C said:
One of my prized possessions sitting on my mantel piece is a Superlambanana model, and I had a job getting hold of one. I eventually got one from the queens square tourist office and the lady who served me told me they were very popular with tourists.
I want a Superlambanana model also, will try "queens square tourist office", or maybe the Beatles Experience, (since the S.L.B. is by Japanese artist Taro Chiezo), so hope they have them in.

Just thought...! We should have a giant inflatable S.L.B, hovering over the new Kings Dock Arena, or a S.L.B blimp for aerial views at football matches. :)

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
kev said:
I'm sure youre all aware of the Super Lamb Banana's situation at the moment.
There's a campaign to get it placed in its spiritual home of Garston.

If youve got time pop along.
Wherever the S.L.B is placed it will have to be positioned in a safe position. In the above shots on busy roads, i can see underage "Jimmy Asbo's" crashing stolen Audi's into it and setting the thing on fire. :bash:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts