Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gatundu District Haspital is a public level 4 health facility situated in Kiambu county. It currently has an expansion program to be carried out in 2 phases. The first phase is currently U/C and has the following components:

1. Casualty
2. ICU
3. Theaters-2
4. Additional wards (Maternity/Surgical)

This will help this institution build its capacity to become a referral centre for smaller hospitals within the county of Kiambu.

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now this is what I call devolution
How is this devolution? The funds for this expansion project was from the PRC to the government of Kenya, not the Kiambu government. Though im pretty sure the Kiambu government will brag about it just like they did with the Gatundu market.

·
ici maintenant & toujours
1,936 Posts
How is this devolution? The funds for this expansion project was from the PRC to the government of Kenya, not the Kiambu government. Though im pretty sure the Kiambu government will brag about it just like they did with the Gatundu market.
Agreed. Just like the way the Kiambu Givernor was all over the Thika Level 5 mogue built by Mt. Kenya University

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Looks Great Kenguy,i hope that goes to those hospital made into referral too,especially Nyeri!Manze whats up with the Nyeri hospital?,look kinda negleted anyplans for a major facelift,you have to agree it needs one immediately..au namna gani Daktari?

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks Great Kenguy,i hope that goes to those hospital made into referral too,especially Nyeri!Manze whats up with the Nyeri hospital?,look kinda negleted anyplans for a major facelift,you have to agree it needs one immediately..au namna gani Daktari?
There are planning expansion plans for Nyeri as well Brian. I guess the focus now is on the Othaya District Hospital. Nyeri will also be upgraded to referal status.

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update:

External plaster works done and aluminium window frames installed. Most of the electrical work, ventilation systems and piping work done. Ceiling framework also done.

Gatundu DH. by Kenguy*, on Flickr

·
Registered
14,046 Posts
I'm very impressed by the workman ship.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts