Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
taken from the abc website:

A-G defends gay adoption

The West Australian Attorney-General, Jim McGinty, has defended a decision to allow two men to become the first homosexual couple to legally adopt a stranger's child.

Changes to the state's anti-discrimination laws five years ago allow same-sex couples to adopt.

The Minister for Child Protection, Sue Ellery, has released a statement saying all adoptive applicants are rigorously assessed to ensure they are suitable.

Mr MGinty, who is considered the architect of Western Australia's anti-discrimination laws, says the only criteria that matters when adopting is the best interests of the child.

"This is the first time a mother has relinquished a baby for adoption to be taken up by people not related to her and this is the the first occasion in which a gay couple have applied for and been deemed to be the most appropriate people from all available to care and love for that child," he said.

"We wanted to get rid of irrelevant considerations, old prejudices, we wanted to make sure that child was first and centre when it came to adoption and we wanted the only criteria to be the child's interests and that is what the legislation now reflects.

"I don't think a person's sexual orientation in any way at all influences or determines their capacity to love a child, to support that child and to bring it into a caring environment."

awwww.... isn't that nice. funny, i always took mcginty as a bit of a conversative fuddy-duddy.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Good stuff.

If anyone can take an orphan out of the situation they're in, love them and bring them up, whether they're gay, straight or space monsters, they should be allowed.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Quick, somebody call ryan79! We need guidance on what to do about this disturbing development! Society is on the brink of COLLAPSE! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Watch my Chops
6,046 Posts
Im proud to be a West Australian over the last few years. Leading Australia in many areas.

Ryan79 is not that bad, he's in a forum filled with gay people.

·
Proud "Pricktorian"
552 Posts

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
cowface, you dip. You shouldn't have posted that as a joke (boring anyway). Dills pick up on it and quote it, taking it seriously.

how will this kid grow up i wonder..have there been any studies on such a thing?
It's quite well known that childern of gay couples can be either gay or str8, just as in *surprise, surprise* those of str8 couples.

·
Registered
511 Posts
They cannot be any worse parents then some I have seen and read about. They will probably teach more tolerance than what is being tought by straight parents.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Children from gay couples always turn out gay and children from straight couples always turn out straight. It's just common sense! With no female influence the boy with two dads will turn out to be a lesbian for sure.

You don't want DIRTY GAY CHILDREN do you???! Imagine how the child with two dads will feel at school - he'd be like a kid of Middle Eastern heritage schooled in Cronulla or something.

And plus did you know gays are more likely to be pedophiles? It's true!
GAYS MOLESTING ADOPTING CHILDREN: Australia SAYS NO.

·
can the can
1,144 Posts
Children from gay couples always turn out gay and children from straight couples always turn out straight. It's just common sense! With no female influence the boy with two dads will turn out to be a lesbian for sure.

You don't want DIRTY GAY CHILDREN do you???! Imagine how the child with two dads will feel at school - he'd be like a kid of Middle Eastern heritage schooled in Cronulla or something.

And plus did you know gays are more likely to be pedophiles? It's true!
GAYS MOLESTING ADOPTING CHILDREN: Australia SAYS NO.
Cowface are you taking the piss? Is this your MO or am I about to get sucked in big time?

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Cowdickface is playing on the sensational cliches but he is also reinforcing them for certain readers that want to believe them.

Common sense? You could do with a douse yourself cow.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
Yes, I think gay children should be adopted.
omfg rofl. Best thing ive heard all day.

funny :)

On topic. Im sure that a gay couple can raise a child and provide a good home.
But it is a simple fact, kids are cruel.
this child WILL be bullied at school for having gay parents.
end of story.

·
Registered
683 Posts
how will this kid grow up i wonder..have there been any studies on such a thing?
To be fair, a child raised by gays probably has less chance of losing it when they grow up than a child raised by born agains, for example.

God knows I wouldn't be able to stand being constantly told my wee wee makes me a bad boy.

"Where's the tower, where's the gun. Where's the tower, where's the gun".

1 - 20 of 229 Posts