Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Great thread!:eek:kay:
Btw that baklava picture drove me mad, now from where I will find baklava to eat???

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
:eek:mg:

Kuvvaci!! What are you trying to do??

Gaziantep is a Southeastern Turkey city, it has to be somewhere like Afganistan!!

It can not be modern, it can not be beatiful. OMG, OMG !!!

·
Strength and Honour
2,322 Posts
THE LITTLE MUSEUM IN GAZIANTEP:
(Famous for its Zeugma Mosaics)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Kuvvaci very nice photos! :)
I see in TV the new series film about Nazli and Murat and Nikos , do you know if they play it also in turkish TV?
Many people watch it here and i also like it very much , the family of Nazli lives in Gaziandep and they have a very good baklava making store!

----
Mega Channel is currently fielding "The Borders of Love", a soap about a Turkish woman who falls in love with a Greek man and turns her back on an arranged marriage.

On Wednesday, the soap grabbed top ratings with 37.5 percent of recorded viewers.
The roles were reversed last season in "Do not say farewell to me," a series by Antenna Channel focusing on the slightly more taboo topic of a Greek woman having an affair with a Turkish man.

This series also proved a hit with TV audiences in a year when "A Touch of Spice", a film about an Istanbul-born Greek returning to his old haunts to pursue a childhood flame, scored well with cinema viewers.

"Ten years ago, the whole of Greece would have been in uproar over the spectacle of a Greek-Turkish idyll," "Now, the country is glued to sofas to watch it."

"Though not always convincing, at least (such series) send a message that Greeks and Turks can live together,"

------

·
Strange User
19,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Geroplatanos said:
I see in TV the new series film about Nazli and Murat and Nikos , do you know if they play it also in turkish TV?
Many people watch it here and i also like it very much , the family of Nazli lives in Gaziandep and they have a very good baklava making store!

----
Mega Channel is currently fielding "The Borders of Love", a soap about a Turkish woman who falls in love with a Greek man and turns her back on an arranged marriage.

On Wednesday, the soap grabbed top ratings with 37.5 percent of recorded viewers.
The roles were reversed last season in "Do not say farewell to me," a series by Antenna Channel focusing on the slightly more taboo topic of a Greek woman having an affair with a Turkish man.

This series also proved a hit with TV audiences in a year when "A Touch of Spice", a film about an Istanbul-born Greek returning to his old haunts to pursue a childhood flame, scored well with cinema viewers.

"Ten years ago, the whole of Greece would have been in uproar over the spectacle of a Greek-Turkish idyll," "Now, the country is glued to sofas to watch it."

"Though not always convincing, at least (such series) send a message that Greeks and Turks can live together,"

------
hehehehe :D so you watch this erie too. It has been on the show last winter and with the summer, it is over here, but in Greece it started and being shown every night at 11 :) But we were watching it weekly, not daily like you. Gaziantep is very interesting city. The accent people speak is different than standart Turkish also expressions are different too :) But Nazlı and Niko talk standart Turkish :) Actually this accent adds some humour into the serie.
Gaziantep is purposely chosen for this serie, because people of this city is really very nationalistic, and live with traditions..

Keep watching. Ineresting thing will happen ;) but don2t ask any hint :D

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,819 Posts
Geroplatanos said:
Yep, that soap opera is Turkish. Its original name is "Yabanci Damat" (Foreign Bridegroom)

It became popular in Turkey also. We had it in Channel D last season, now it is ended. I am happy to hear you enjoyed it. :cheers:

Check www.yabancidamat.tv (in Turkish only) for more ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thank you for the info guys!! :)
Well Kuvvaci i want to know what will happen but i will not ask you , it is better not to know , i missed todays episode unfortunatelly (that he was invited to nazli house to eat with her parents )
I really enjoy it like many other people , the family of Nazli is very nice and sometimes i would like to have a piece of baklava!!

·
Strange User
19,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Geroplatanos said:
Thank you for the info guys!! :)
Well Kuvvaci i want to know what will happen but i will not ask you , it is better not to know , i missed todays episode unfortunatelly (that he was invited to nazli house to eat with her parents )
I really enjoy it like many other people , the family of Nazli is very nice and sometimes i would like to have a piece of baklava!!
Today, Nikos admitted that he is Greek :)

·
Strength and Honour
2,322 Posts
^
:lol:

the world is a strange place!

1 - 20 of 163 Posts