Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Kool Kat
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GCC to ease travel rules

Abu Dhabi: The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is considering scrapping visa requirements for expatriate residents to travel in the region, Abdul Rahman Al Attiyah, GCC Secretary General, said yesterday.

After the GCC Interior Ministers meeting here, Al Attiya said: "If the proposal to grant visit visas on arrival is implemented, it would boost trade and tourism among the GCC countries. It would allow residents to visit families and facilitate business."

It will be similar to Kuwait's move, which allows foreigners with resident permits valid for at least six months in GCC states to visit the country without a visa.

·
Me No English
341 Posts
well, still not good enough... we need to unify Arabia under one gov, law, leader.

·
Patriotic Emirati
6,297 Posts
^ lol, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid has to be the leader

they have discussed this issue for years now

I support Kuwait's move for allowing expats with residence visa to travel in GCC and I support issuing one residence visa and torusim visa for expats for all GCC countries. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
BinALAin said:
well, still not good enough... we need to unify Arabia under one gov, law, leader.
arent you a litte too Ambitious ... but hey, its the thought that counts

anyway, they should let expats travel within GCC , will less complications than there is now, especially saudi

·
Patriotic Emirati
6,297 Posts
the saudis need to start with the GCCs :D

Saudi Arabia is the only problem stopping us from using the identity cards instead the passport :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts