Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
When construction on this does start I don't think I'll be standing around taking loads of photos of the site, it'll look really suspicious. I don't want men in dark sunglasses leaping out and spiriting me away to interrogate me as to which enemy state I'm spying for :eek:

·
10th February 2008
61,659 Posts
100's of jobs = office sq ft

And with all the equipment needed to be housed, it won't be a small requirement. Or I don't think it will be.

Very interesting this one.

It's amazing how this has been kept under the radar for so long, with so many people involved in setting this up. It just shows what people will do when they are told to.

This will either be massive, or a damp squib when the details are finally made public.

·
10th February 2008
61,659 Posts
We should start a sweepstake. Anyway, my money's on it being located at the airport.
Good shout.

Makes sense. Close to the Airport, easy access to the motorways and local transport, plenty of office space, and land available to build a new building or buildings at Airport City.

You couldn't ask for a better long-term occupier to start with. With all the spin offs to follow.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I believe GCHQ already has a presence somewhere in the city. They have been recruiting for years.

If not secret, the present location is at least kept discreet.

(There goes my chance of getting a job there, although I'm not sure I can be bothered with their developed vetting process.)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I believe GCHQ already has a presence somewhere in the city. They have been recruiting for years.

If not secret, the present location is at least kept discreet.

(There goes my chance of getting a job there, although I'm not sure I can be bothered with their developed vetting process.)
I can confirm that GCHQ already has a presence in the city centre in a, rather nice, shared building.

·
Registered
928 Posts
They used to recruit from the Russian dept. at my old university....A relative of a relative went through the vetting..Her whole family were vetted too and it was very intrusive. Not sure if she is still working for them all these years later.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts