06. These cranes look awesome, as if these things from War of the World

08. The beauty of deterioration

09. Three Crosses Monument

10. The former ship yard area has great potential to me

11. No clue what it says, but the image looks kinda cool

12. Another one of them yard beauties just waiting to be given a second life

13. I'm sure the Gdansk people are all familiar with this spot

14. Old town area

15. Really looks like a train model image fro up here. :)

16. Główne Miasto

17. These cranes really look cool. They ought to be illuminated

18. Onto Gdynia to the sea towers

19. Hi there Wayne, cheers to you mate. :)

20. Gdynia city

21. Gdynia harbor

22. Hi there Gdansk!

·
Prokrastynator
1,199 Posts
Hi there, Jan! Nice images! :)

04. Painted image
^^used to be my school :)

11. No clue what it says, but the image looks kinda cool
^^probably kind of artistic action. the upper part is a project of a huge, never built church (designed by B. Pniewski in 1930s), the lower part you saw last weekend in Warsaw :)

13. I'm sure the Gdansk people are all familiar with this spot
it's MY spot :D http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=591982. As you probably noticed the spot is a part of former fortifications' area. It's going to be an education park for families based on the history and natural sciences.

We have some opportunities to read about your general impression in local newspaper, here we can see your impressions, but can you please tell more about conference itself and your participation? In this thread you mentioned Gdansk doesn't need high-rises. Is it because we have an amount of vacant areas, which makes the ground cheap, so the development doesn't need to go up? Do we need a skyscraper just for marketing purpose? We have a nice looking old town (you said: demanding a fresh approach), now we need a cool iconic building to be more attractive as a city? What is your impression after the conference?

Sorry for asking too much, but I'm really interested how it looks from 'outside'. (and the conference fee was too high for a student just to come and check by himself :) )

·
Registered
105 Posts
This city haven changed since i left Poland more then 20 years ago it a total discrase!
A large part of the city looks as a Grozny in the 90thies.
The area around the Nowy Port looks as a scene from Black Hawk down in Mogadishu.
The infrastructural gap between Tallin and Riga seems as 20 years or so.

However nearby areas such as Sopot and the Jurata are just breathtaking and are often referred to as Polish Hollywood i was really stunned....but the Polish coast is not the same cheep and easy to get laid weekend holiday destination as it was in the 80 and 90..if you want the whole package one should travel to Riga or Tallin.

·
Administrator
30,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for asking too much, but I'm really interested how it looks from 'outside'. (and the conference fee was too high for a student just to come and check by himself :) )
Can do. I did so here so there's a better chance of getting a discussion started. :)

·
Banned
2,819 Posts
This city haven changed since i left Poland more then 20 years ago it a total discrase!
The area around the Nowy Port looks as a scene from Black Hawk down in Mogadishu.

However nearby areas such as Sopot and the Jurata are just breathtaking and are often referred to as Polish Hollywood i was really stunned....but the Polish coast is not the same cheep and easy to get laid weekend holiday destination as it was in the 80 and 90..if you want the whole package one should travel to Riga or Tallin.
ja cie krece. Tekst roku :lol:

·
rasowy trójmieszczanin :)
103 Posts

To miasto nie zmienilo sie odkad oposcilem Polske 20 lat temu, to calkowite zacofanie! Duza czesc miasta wyglada jak Grozny w latach 90.
Okolice Nowego Portu wygladaja jak scena z filmu Black Hawk w Mogahishu.
Infrastrukutalna przepasc pomiedzy Tallinem a Ryga wyglada na 20 lat.

Jednakze niedalekie miejscowosci (tereny) jak Sopot i Jurata sa doslownie zapierajace dech w piersiach i sa czesto przedstawiane jako polskie Hollywood
:)nuts:) bylem naprawde zaskoczony.... ale polskie wybrzeze nie jest tak samo tanie i latwo dostepne (wydaje mi sie ze autor mial to wlasnie na mysli) jak bylo w latach 80 i 90.. jesli chcesz caly bagaz w calosci :)nuts:) powinienes pojechac do Rygi albo Tallina.

Jest to przyblizone tlumaczenie, za ewentualne pomylki przepraszam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts