SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Object will be alluded to the first public theater in Poland, which existed in Gdansk since the beginning of the seventeenth century and functioned for nearly 200 years.

Theatre will be adapted to the needs of the education center will provide opportunities and a diverse combination of shaping space. The building will have a sunroof, so that they can perform daylight..

Deadline: III 2011 - VI 2013

Visualizations:

Photos of Construction:

1. August 2011

by opo

2. January 2012

by Kapitankloc

3. February 2012

by m4rio_cg

4. May 2012

by Kapitankloc

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
On the render structure looks like shit. It's a mix of a mall, a prison, and a concentration camp. I really hope it will look different when completed.

·
Registered Usurper
8,354 Posts
On the render structure looks like shit. It's a mix of a mall, a prison, and a concentration camp. I really hope it will look different when completed.
A homage to the three great traits of Polish culture.

·
Registered
15,828 Posts
I also think it looks fairly terrible. Now only a decent brick cladding can rescue the building from being an outright disaster.

Its really almost hostile towards the city around it. There are only blank walls on all sides. Such architecture would be appropriate for bunkers and prisons but not for a theatre.

·
unknown artist
8,080 Posts

·
Real Horrorshow
23,403 Posts
I love this! The dark grey brick and steel lattice, with light wood contrast looks very elegant.
The buttressed walls really reminds of medieval or Renaissance times - they help to relate the structure to Shakespeare.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts