Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your ads save cookies, regardless of GDPR notification selection, which are not necessary for the serving of pages from this site. This isn't in compliance with the spirit of GDPR. Is there a reason why you do not allow cookies to be blocked entirely and force ad-related cookies in order to access your site?

Administrator
If you opt out of the targeted ads in the consent wall you don't get cookied ads, you in stead get non-targeted ads which serve based on the meta data of the site itself, the site itself still uses cookies for functionality purposes such as keeping you logged in when you move from page to page, thread positions and read status and generalized analytical data that tells us you have actually visited the site. You do have the capacity to block all cookies but that has to be done via your browser settings. Otherwise serving a cookie free site would be serving one that does not load fully, cannot keep you logged in when you move between pages in a thread, and ignores any style and reading preferences you've selected.

Kyle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, as I said, there are ad-related cookies being saved regardless of my selection. This is not your cookies, this is from ad agencies. I've tested in a completely isolated environment where your site is the only one visited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts