SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
29,102 Posts
I don't know why, but it looks like eastern Germany for me. Modern cities have good potentials in building new kinds of architecture. You don't have to worry about old districts and monuments.

·
G%D $!TE A VV A R |)
172 Posts
Have you even been to East Germany? The place is growing like a wild mushrooms. Tech savvy and avant garde architecture. Sorry it doesn't look Kiev-Moscow style ;)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Clean! I really like it. But, theres one downside - that gas station could be a bit better. It looks like some sort of circus.

·
8,168 Posts
Cool photos of a cool place - Gdynia is one of my favourite cities in Poland: great modernist architecture and good city planning :eek:kay:

delfin_pl said:
Gdynia is only 70years old, its architecture is dominated by modernism,
Small correction: Gdynia is 80 years old ;)
The construction of the city started in 1922, and in 1926 Gdynia received city rights.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahsm57 said:
Clean! I really like it. But, theres one downside - that gas station could be a bit better. It looks like some sort of circus.
actually it is the best station I have ever seen

·
insatiable
309 Posts
Actually the example with eastern Germany is good it really does look a bit like eastern Germany......

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yes and no, i am not sure whether it looks like a place i would like to live at. I have never been a fun of such modern places. It seems a little bit too planned.

·
Respect the Architect
520 Posts
gdynia has plenty of 30's international style buildings ,i guess one of my favourites if not favourite period in the history of architecture, i love it ! a definately place to visit

·
perfidus acutus
33,216 Posts
I love modernism. those who who say it is like East Germany are really strange to me. (to put it mildly)

·
Banned
274 Posts
Omg GDYNIA is my favourite city in Poland,because the most polish cities are chaotic(i mean a lot of signs,dirt)...but Gdynia is so clean and so modern!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts