Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, okay, I confess!

I saw Yardmaster's Geelong thread and said to myself "I really must upload those recent Geelong pics of mine". Yep, same was the reason for me posting my recent Ballarat pics - another thread beat me to it! haha Anyway, my laziness has been replaced with a new entheusiasm for sharing regional city pics! (Maybe I'll do Bendigo soon). Anyway, these are some of my pics from Anzac Day. You can see a few more (plus other photos) on my Flickr page.

Enjoy! :)

Geelong Post Office clock tower

This building caught my eye

Nice shops

Geelong Market

Colonial Mutual Building

Historic Corio Villa

Eastern Beach Sea Baths

Those bollards...

Eastern Beach

The 'Brutalist' State Government Offices

St Mary's Catholic Cathedral

And finally, one of the Anzac Day images from the day... taken at Johnstone Park.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feel I have to comment on this year old thread. I grew up in this town and seeing these pics touched me, especially the Griffiths bookstore one; I remember picking a whole bunch of "Fighting Fantasy" books marked down for clearance there as a kid in the 80s. (Lol, sad!)

In the other threads, the town sure does look "grimey" and boring. I don't recall it that way; to me it was full of life and interesting. But thinking about it now, especially since I've seen quite a bit of the world now (net and real life), there really wasn't very much to Geelong at all, and maybe I only felt that way because I grew up in one of the nicer parts of town (Newtown). But then "boring" be said about 99% of the world's regional locales, at least as judged by their photos.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Geelong is one of Australias gems . And no less than the gateway to Victorias world class Great ocean road .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts