Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've yet to be wrong on an election prediction in the US or Nigeria :).

all signs point to GEJ losing. A united SW against him, a united SE interested in fielding their own man, and a united northern oligarchy that's not only against him but bitter and feels cheated from the last election. Before I predicted he's win because he had a unanimous SS an SE bloc and was in PDP which gave him the leverage to carve out key components of the north.

CPC and ANC are in talks which will create a more formidable party against PDP though one that's not as strong well connected well organized or well funded. Plus neither hold a candidate in the midst with the popularity to win (popularity is key for the youth vote, which is the deciding factor).

We're actually running out of 'national' figures as states and regions are starting to becoming more the focus. There are fewer people that are like across the board and Fashola has already said he's not running until he's done with Lagos (if that's 2015 idk). I would like to see him as president, or Ribadu.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
what is happening is disgraceful. ANC, CPC, PDP will not produce a credible candidate.

2015 will be a joke, in my books. I don't see a president emerging or remaining. I just see some figure in the picture, some systematic puppet, some incapable entity that will not salvage the country.

There are some alright figures in PDP & ANC, but they will not be in the picture. Politics in Nigeria is a chess game, not a matter of logic. They are playing Chess in Nigeria. And we have Bishops, Pawns, Rooks & Queens that should not even be in the picture.

Tinubu should not be in the picture, Buhari should not be in the picture. These are questionable characters.

I don't want to see a leader from the North, because they are too isolated for my liking and they have no credibility or Resume. I don't like Goodluck, but I think we just need to leave this guy at the helm, if we are not looking to cleanse things.

2015, is the time more than ever, that we need to put Nigeria in capable hands, but now we are just playing a game of Chess. Sabotage, Regional affiliations, Personal interests etc. The future is volatile.

But Alas, this is still 2012. There is still time for some things to change.

·
Registered
770 Posts
GEJ is sweeping 2015. PDP is not losing. Tinubu and ACN can form an alliance with CPC but both are regional parties pushing divergent regional interest. When the chips are down, the alliance will break down, Buhari will contest again and PDP with GEJ will win. Take it to the bank.

·
Student Architect جاري&#15
GG
5,885 Posts
I have a feeling that in 2015 GEJ is going to lose or might not even run. At the same time i feel that a politician with merits like fashola or Akpabio will win regardless of the party. I also know that someone from the south will be president mainly because there are no northern politicians that are popular or have merit. Hence why you only see buhari running again and again and again with no other northerner contesting him.

With that said I'll like to bring up the 2015 prediction that the U.S. said. In 2015 it will be the north that will have the highest probability to split from the country. Why? They will go with the argument that with 16 years of southern rule the north is marginalized,[ and they are marginalized in reality]. They may split and form a country or they may "split" only to have autonomy and still be in Nigeria.

But its wont be the entire north just a few states in the north that will declare themselves a republic. It will either be formed by some northern elites or the Arewa People's Congress or even [worst case scenario] boko haram but I predict for a fact that 2015 there will be some type of separatist movement in the north.

But this is just my predictions. Not that they will actually happen but that there is a high probability of it happening

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
GEJ will probably win, PDP for better or worse is a "national" party while CPC is seen as Pro-North and ACN pro-SW

But who knows :dunno:

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
our ss and se brothers are scared? no need to be scared, how ironic
because pdp is the zoning party keeping nigeria together for all the wrong reasons and out of dishonesty, pdp is holding nigeria and nigerians hostage, pdp is powerful but not powerful enough to fend off a alliance of the north and the sw technically, the sooner the other regions and there representatives see this and get behind cpc and acn the better so that we can overthrow pdp and have a honest leadership
but i doubt the alliance will be anything other than cpc and acn at this moment

·
15,239 Posts
JEEZ!! 2012 isn't even halfway, and guys are already on about 2015!! :shocked:

If only Nigerian politicians could have foresight for other more pressing issues, the same way, they do with politics......smh!

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
:lol: When you rely on your job to finance your lavish lifestyle you need to be on top of it...

Some have a 2019 plan under their desk :laugh:

My question is what is so great about being President of Nigeria or having the President from your region, so far for the folks who have had a Pres. from their region they don't have shit to show for it but they still want it anyway. If time was better spent at the grassroots level by electing local officials, governors, senators, and etc who actually care to get things done it will go a long way. Even if Nigeria had the most Progressive President tomorrow, that person can only do so much if the other branches of government want to make life difficult.

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
I want to see an igbo president for once since Nnamdi Azikiwe!!!

I believe if an igbo person wins the presidency they will run the country better!!!!

Always yoruba and hausa presidents

·
15,239 Posts
Always Yoruba??

Since when??....lol

Btw: there is a difference between someone from Northern Nigeria, and an Hausa person!

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
i tell you people will complain, ibo this, ibo that, always demanding to be a president, i also want to have a ibo president (in my dreams)

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
Always Yoruba??

Since when??....lol

Btw: there is a difference between someone from Northern Nigeria, and an Hausa person!
Never heard of olusegun obasanjo twice a ruler of nigeria, who else?

Then the rest are northerners!!!

Let an igbo rule :bash:

Since northerners and yorubas have ruled this country, what have we archeived as a nation?

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
i tell you people will complain, ibo this, ibo that, always demanding to be a president, i also want to have a ibo president (in my dreams)
As if, you would probably commit suicide if that happened because you are imbecile.

Who has had more leaders in power. North. Where is the highest concentration of poverty, polio, and maternal mortality. North.

So what exactly do you get out of maintaining a Northern President? God wonders why you have bypassed your governor who has greater ability on changing things immediately more than the President ever will. Yar'dua was as North as you can get and shit stayed the same, hell it was under him that Boko Haram became a problem.

Really don't vote for an Igbo president and you will be doing the SE a big favor, in my opinion, maybe it will be time better spent reflecting inward instead of a position that no matter who gets it, shit stays the same :banana:

I see why there is a push to be President in the US to be from a particular party, on some levels is does matter. But in Nigeria, forget it. Every last party is devoid of ideas or solutions and the contenders are jokes.

Fashola and co should focus on their part of Nigeria and show that they deserve to be a President. If a person can't perform as governor why do people expect miracles as President?

Whichever governor does serious work, and not some "beautification" nonsense", like water treatment plants, serious overhaul of education, etc. that's the person who should run. Not a one time dictator and a born again off again thief.

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
As if, you would probably commit suicide if that happened because you are imbecile.

Who has had more leaders in power. North. Where is the highest concentration of poverty, polio, and maternal mortality. North.

So what exactly do you get out of maintaining a Northern President? God wonders why you have bypassed your governor who has greater ability on changing things immediately more than the President ever will. Yar'dua was as North as you can get and shit stayed the same, hell it was under him that Boko Haram became a problem.

Really don't vote for an Igbo president and you will be doing the SE a big favor, in my opinion, maybe it will be time better spent reflecting inward instead of a position that no matter who gets it, shit stays the same :banana:

I see why there is a push to be President in the US to be from a particular party, on some levels is does matter. But in Nigeria, forget it. Every last party is devoid of ideas or solutions and the contenders are jokes.

Fashola and co should focus on their part of Nigeria and show that they deserve to be a President. If a person can't perform as governor why do people expect miracles as President?

Whichever governor does serious work, and not some "beautification" nonsense", like water treatment plants, serious overhaul of education, etc. that's the person who should run. Not a one time dictator and a born again off again thief.
stop embarrassing yourself madam

·
Hanging the boots up
9,545 Posts
fashola/el rufai and i am a really happy men, even fashola for president
You are one big fool, why must he include someone from the north?

How many northerners have ruled naija since forever? Are you not satisfied? Northerners have ruined nigeria for long thanks to IBB and Abacha!!!

If fashola wants to run, he should pick a non northerners because we know they don't have brains.

:cheers:

·
Registered
27,497 Posts
Because if a Northerner is not included people like him will plunge head first off the mainland bridge :lol:

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
You are one big fool, why must he include someone from the north?

How many northerners have ruled naija since forever? Are you not satisfied? Northerners have ruined nigeria for long thanks to IBB and Abacha!!!

If fashola wants to run, he should pick a non northerners because we know they don't have brains.

:cheers:
give me 2 good enough ibos in cpc or acn, ibos are relying on a pdp ticket and pdp won't beat a cpc/acn merger, ppa and apga merged a few years ago, why don't you think nationally and not regionally?
if parties from the east merged with parties from the north and west then i will give you a ibo candidate i can vote?

·
Eko o ni baje
3,773 Posts
I've yet to be wrong on an election prediction in the US or Nigeria :).

all signs point to GEJ losing. A united SW against him, a united SE interested in fielding their own man, and a united northern oligarchy that's not only against him but bitter and feels cheated from the last election. Before I predicted he's win because he had a unanimous SS an SE bloc and was in PDP which gave him the leverage to carve out key components of the north.

CPC and ANC are in talks which will create a more formidable party against PDP though one that's not as strong well connected well organized or well funded. Plus neither hold a candidate in the midst with the popularity to win (popularity is key for the youth vote, which is the deciding factor).

We're actually running out of 'national' figures as states and regions are starting to becoming more the focus. There are fewer people that are like across the board and Fashola has already said he's not running until he's done with Lagos (if that's 2015 idk). I would like to see him as president, or Ribadu.
Funny thread, i will rebut you guys one by one.

GEJ will not loose in 2015, PDP cannot lose a national election.

Elections in Nigeria are won by states, not regions

The North west and South west have 7 + 6 states = 13 states.

The South South,South East and Middle belt( Benue, Taraba, Plateau, Nassarawa, Kwara, Kogi, Adamawa) have even more states at 18 states.

Now lets look at the SW states, GEJ will win in Lagos,and Ondo. Ogun, Ekiti will be close to 50 - 50. He may loose in Oyo and Osun.

Moving to the core Northern states.GEJ will split Kaduna, get 1/3 of votes in Sokoto, Gombe.

People just seem to forget that the CPC did not win a single seat in the whole of southern Nigeria, and in the North they underperformed badly.

The sentiment of Northern christians against the hausa fulani also means they will not be voting any hausa any time soon.

If the ACN/ CPC want to win, they should nominate a northern christian, with Fashola as running mate, then the PDP will have a real contest on its hands.

This is from someone on the ground in Nigeria.

No one in the south wants an aboki or mallam to rule them.

The population of the south and the middle belt is about 75 percent of Nigeria.

One more thing you guys overestimate Tinubu, yorubas will be hard pressed to vote a Northern mallam, go ask Ribadu, if you think i am kidding.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts