Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was asked if I could make some maps so some other Norwegian too in addition to the ones I made for Oslo. The ones for Trondheim is now fixed. I made two versions - one dark and one lighter with drawn look. I also forgot which font I had used for the name, so this was given a different one.

·
Registered
15,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's also worth that my there is apparently something wrong with my a copy of Photoshop. The text is supposed to be aligned at the same distance from the side/top on both pictures, but you can see that that is clearly not the case. So for some reason Photoshop have decided that pixels are of different sizes in each image despite them both having the same image size and I have not figured out how to solve it.

·
Registered
15,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a reworked version of the Oslo map with Bjørvika, Ensjøbyen and more of Kværnerbyen added. It's not 100% accurate though as those developments are based on old maps (which were the only ones I could find).

Btw: The Bergen map will take a lot longer than anticipated as there was very little information that have been added to the Bergen Open street map. So I will first have to add it there before the map can be created.

·
Scandi-friendly
7,733 Posts
^^thanks, looks really good. There's still some parts missing around Løren/Hasle including the building housing Løren T.
Edit: Also Vippa seems to have disappeared :(

·
Registered
15,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ Yes, it is based on the data available from Open Street map. I actually thought about making the Løren part more detailed, the only issue is that there don't appear to be any good maps of the Løren masterplan available. I can add any area as long as I have a map to base it on. I have lot more difficulties without one though.

·
Urbanite
1,358 Posts
It's quite easy on the eyes, but I think it could benefit from a little more contrast.

Are all the maps to scale, by the way? Or, more to the point, are they at the same scale?

·
Registered
15,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's quite easy on the eyes, but I think it could benefit from a little more contrast.
I thought so too maybe, I just that I didn't quite like the lack with too much contrast either.

I
Are all the maps to scale, by the way? Or, more to the point, are they at the same scale?
I have done no attempt to scale it. In fact I didn't even think about it as I initially just made it to have a neat overview of the inner city of Oslo in the international thread. I could perhaps try to scale them relative to each other, but I would be quite hard to provide a proper map scale relative to reality.

·
Urbanite
1,358 Posts
I thought so too maybe, I just that I didn't quite like the lack with too much contrast either.

I have done no attempt to scale it. In fact I didn't even think about it as I initially just made it to have a neat overview of the inner city of Oslo in the international thread. I could perhaps try to scale them relative to each other, but I would be quite hard to provide a proper map scale relative to reality.

It was size relative to each city that I had in mind, yes. I’m curious to see how our inner cities compare to each other.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts