SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1902 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Following a small talk in the Copenhagen Project and Construction thread, I decided to create this thread for debates regarding the development of Copenhagen, that do not fit into any current threads.

You could say this is kind of an "off topic thread", but then again it's not quite. The debates here should be about issues regarding the general development of Copenhagen, such as population development, cultural development, development in tourism, what is going to happen to Christiania etc., and for news that may concern the future development of Copenhagen, such as the visit of a Chinese business delegation, politicians talking about legalizing cannabis/hashish etc.

Please let me now, if you think the premises of the thread should be changed, or if you have any ideas to improve the thread :)

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Following a small talk in the Copenhagen Project and Construction thread, I decided to create this thread for debates regarding the development of Copenhagen, that do not fit into any current threads.
Excellent idea Xed. Did you create the collage also? Looks great. :banana:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, and yes. It's put together by some of my own Cph photos. Most of them relatively new, since my external harddisk with app. 10,000 photos of my own (including all my photos of my children etc.) broke down recently, and getting it repaired will be very expensive... :eek:hno:

Now we only need something to discuss.. Call in Ramblersen
I have something. A few weeks ago, I stubled across a debate about Nørrebro on a Danish newspaper website. Most people their agreed, that Nørrebro is a very dangerous place. I was quite stunned, since I've never experienced any problems there.

I've only lived there for two months a couple of years ago, but before that my girlfriend lived there for many years, so I've spent lots of time there, never felt unsafe, and never seen a serious crime comitted (except when there has been riots). Is this the generel feeling, that Nørrebro is dangerous, and does any of you feel unsafe at Nørrebro?

Edit: And sorry I haven't followed up on the thread until just now. I'm rather busy at the moment.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
I got my iphone stolen directly out of my pocket on nørrebrogade on my way home, by some east-european dude who started out by asking me questions about where some sort of bar/club was and then he started dancing with my leg... I was pretty drunk and very confused... 20 seconds after i turn around and walk away I notice my phone vanished from my pocket... I've gone to school in Nørrebro for 2 years, and lived in nordvest 2 years before that, and today still visit it once in a while to get a nice cheap 99kr hair cut :D ... I never feel unsafe. The stolen phone thing is something that unfortunately happens everywhere in the city and it was kinda my fault as well for not being aware (and being too drunk).

Personally I think a lot of people tend to generalize Nørrebro and call it a dangerous area just because of the fact that a big percentage of the population are immigrants/2nd or 3rd generation immigrants (different skin colour than white)... Unfortunately we still have a lot of racism going on in this country.. If we didn't have that, I don't think people would see Nørrebro as a dangerous area.. Cuz honestly I don't think it is (at least not compared to the rest of Copenhagen).

·
2,590 Posts
Thanks, and yes. It's put together by some of my own Cph photos. Most of them relatively new, since my external harddisk with app. 10,000 photos of my own (including all my photos of my children etc.) broke down recently, and getting it repaired will be very expensive... :eek:hno:
Wow, that's awful. Hope they can be restored somehow.

Always have your photos on at least two different disks or upload to the "cloud" using one of the many unlimited backup services out there (SuperDuper, BackBlaze etc.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Danish football champions FC Nordsjælland has decided to play the champions league matches in Parken Stadium. That brings some top football and tourists to the city.

Hopefully F.C. Copenhagen will join too.

·
Mod nye projekter
8,383 Posts
The Danish football champions FC Nordsjælland has decided to play the champions league matches in Parken Stadium. That brings some top football and tourists to the city.

Hopefully F.C. Copenhagen will join too.
FC Nordsjælland really have to draw some big teams if the intention is to fill up Parken.

Talking Parken i'm going there tonight to watch

THE BIG BATTLE OF COPENHAGEN

Hope it will be a great fight... I mean great fight at the football field..:cheers1:

Foorzaaa....

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^

Brøndby supporters are only allowed to attend the match, if they bring at least one child less than 16 years old (on top of all the registration etc. that is necessary). My children are only 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old, and even if they were older, I certainly would not take them to a match between Brøndby and FCK, so I'm not going.

By the way, today is also the day for the Copenhagen Pride Parade. I was there to watch last year, and it was good fun. I'm not going today though.

·
Mod nye projekter
8,383 Posts
Returned home with my 2 boys, I must say it was one of the most anemic derby between FCK and Brøndby I've ever witnessed.

The match boycott from the Brøndby supporters, while FCK's Urban Crew fraction 'sympathy striked', and only did some noise in the beginning of the game, did that the mood was pretty bad at the stadion, at least compared with previous games.

The play itself was very moderate too, and well deserved that Brøndby equalized in the end..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with you Hafnia. In general a very sad situation for the derby which nearly filled Parken for some years ago most of the matches.

F.C. Copenhagen has lost many spectators the last few years, from 20.000+ in all matches to now 10.-14.000. It's a shame for the club and the city.

I wonder if the prize is to high for a to bad product, especially for families. What's your oppion about that Hafnia as a father?

·
Mod nye projekter
8,383 Posts
I agree with you Hafnia. In general a very sad situation for the derby which nearly filled Parken for some years ago most of the matches.

F.C. Copenhagen has lost many spectators the last few years, from 20.000+ in all matches to now 10.-14.000. It's a shame for the club and the city.

I wonder if the prize is to high for a to bad product, especially for families. What's your oppion about that Hafnia as a father?
The entrance fee is fair enough imo (yesterday it was in any case a free ride :)) but the quality of the play in Danish Superliga is simply not high enough, especially when it has to compete with Premier Legue/la Liga etc. in telly.
Parken Sport & Entertainment try to create more entertainment and fun for the audience before the match and at halftime, which is priceworth, but the play has to improve, and I really missed N´Doye yesterday.

The superliga is without doubt hit by the general oconomic recession, but also the lack of really good result for our national/club teams impact the downward numbers of audience.
Yesterday we were 16,000 in Parken, which is extremely low for a local derby even on a saturday eve.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
^^

Personally I think the prizes are too high. I mean when you fill up around 40 % of the capacity, the prizes must be too high. If I am not mistaken quite a few Bundesliga teams has prizes that are lower than or at the same level as the average prizes in the Superliga.

But of course the poor performances of Brøndby the last six seasons or so also have an impact. And then finally the hooligans and the strict regulations to get rid of them definately also means a lot. Were there even any Brøndby supporters yesterday?

·
2,590 Posts
I really hope that New Firm / battle of Copenhagen will return to its previous glory with full stadiums in both Brøndby and on Østerbro. 16.000 is just a sad number.

Relative to the country's size there's nothing too alarming about the number of spectators:

(Average spectators in the 2011-2012 season)

Germany: 45,116
England: 34,486
Spain: 30,275
Italy: 23,214
Portugal: 10,958
Sweden: 7,448
Denmark: 7,106

1 - 20 of 1902 Posts