Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2555 Posts

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Hi guys - seems like a lot of folks ( myself included ) likes to talk about travelling and foreign destinations..

So here's a thread where we can talk about future travels, previous trips, dream destinations, travel advice and so on..

Easy rules to follow..

A: if you want to promote your nation/region by photospamming everybody with endless amounts of crummy low-res hotlinked images, then this is NOT the place to do so!

B: If you do have photos of your own you want to share, then please do only post a few ( let's say 3 tops shall we ) and put a link to the thread you have made with all your pictures

C: we all have different tastes in travel destinations and ways of travelling - please be respectful to those whom's taste differs from yours

Lets's "go" shall we :)

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Pretty much finalized my travels for July: Northern Italy and Vienna.

Normally, I would travel to Paris every time I go to Europe. But this July might be the rare exception.

I will travel to Paris in October. But my primary destination in October will be Rome.

In December, there is a slim chance that I will travel to Germany to see an Opera.

I have been to all these destinations multiple times in the last 30-35 years. Nowadays, I mainly travel to see friends and keep in touch.

Some plausible projects under discussion for the not-so-distant future:

-- Travel the Trans-Siberian train on a trip from Moscow to Beijing.

-- Convince some Uzbek friends to accompany me to Uzbekistan.

-- Travel to certain cities in Iran.

·
Lord of Legoland
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I might as well also list my travel plans..

In early summer we're going to take a weekend trip to a small Danish island "Rømø" off the coast of Southern Jutland - it's located right inside "vadehavet national park" ( an area with a very shallow sea and lots of small sandy islands packed with birds and seals and smaller whales and dolphins )

Later in the summer we're talking a 2 week road trip up to and around Norway - I've been to Norway several times and love the amazing nature and look forwayd to showing it to my gf who has only been to Oslo before ( and of course experiencing new places )

Then come fall we're going to New York where I will celebrate my birthday.. I've also been there before but that was all the way back in 2005, so there's some new towers I look forward to seeing :)

We haven't booked our winter vacation, but it will likely be a trip to Florida.. I used to go there every year when I was younger and I'd like to spend more time in the Everglades, not to mention the coast and it's beaches and smaller islands..

No real plans for summer 2015 yet.. we have talked about Iceland and Shanghai, but no plans yet..

·
fall down a well
342 Posts
I started googling travel blogs on thursday. Im thinking something for 8-12 weeks backpacking trip. ... central/south America and Europe are my only interests.

so many people say Asia. I say go **** yourself :rofl: <3

Central Asia really interests me. Id start off with Eastern Europe then keep going East. That'd be a longer trip that Id have to plan separately.

no idea what my itinerary would be.

·
Someone reads this?
802 Posts
I expect tons of traveling.

1) Rochester, NY in a month.
2) NYC, NY somewhere in September or October
3) Turkey in November
4) Cancún, Mexico in December
5) Guadalajara, Mexico in March 2015 for a wedding.

:banana:

·
Banned
7,982 Posts
I started googling travel blogs on thursday. Im thinking something for 8-12 weeks backpacking trip. ... central/south America and Europe are my only interests.

Central Asia really interests me. Id start off with Eastern Europe then keep going East. That'd be a longer trip that Id have to plan separately.

Are you considering trekking in the jungle? I really want to trek in Amazon/or any other tropical forest in the world (except Africa and Colombia), but I can't really find any travelmates.

·
Banned
4,330 Posts
J'irai à Paris en juillet.

I'll go to Paris in July.

Reactions: Zaz965 and tpe

·
Requiscat en pace
8,051 Posts
Turkey in July :happy:

And then nowhere for another year lol

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
Hi guys - seems like a lot of folks ( myself included ) likes to talk about travelling and foreign destinations..

Since the "The Urban Tourist" section of the forum have turned into a photo thread section I've long been missing a thread here where we simply talk, not scroll through endless post of low quality image spam.

So here's a thread where we can talk about future travels, previous trips, dream destinations, travel advice and so on..

Easy rules to follow..

A: if you want to promote your nation/region by photospamming everybody with endless amounts of crummy low-res hotlinked images, then this is NOT the place to do so!
( I suggest the "The Urban Tourist" section if you truly insist on such shitty behavior )

B: If you do have photos of your own you want to share, then please do only post a few ( let's say 3 tops shall we ) and put a link to the thread you have made with all your pictures

C: we all have different tastes in travel destinations and ways of travelling - please be respectful to those whom's taste differs from yours

Lets's "go" shall we :)
I misread the first point and thought ****, Brazil it is then. Until I read the whole thing.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts

Eastern Europe to Central Asia (all the way up to the Chinese border) is something I also want to give a try. By train and by road.

·
Registered
物の哀れ
27,037 Posts
I'm going to go visit my family back in El Salvador in July. :)

·
Premium Member
18,565 Posts
I'm off to Paris for a week in August followed by a week in Rome (though we're also travelling outside Rome).

Hoping it will be a good trip. Favourite trips so far have been my trips to Japan. Dream trips are South Africa (next year planned) and Brazil. I hope to also go to South Korea, Taiwan and the East Coast of the US in the near future.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Are you considering trekking in the jungle? I really want to trek in Amazon/or any other tropical forest in the world (except Africa and Colombia), but I can't really find any travelmates.
Kinabalu National Park in Malaysia is amazing. The plant diversity is incredible and it's interesting observing the change in environment as you gain altitude.

Planning to visit Turkey, Germany, Switzerland and Taiwan within the next year - anywhere and everywhere excites me!

·
Premium Member
10,910 Posts
Going to Montreal with my wife sometime next month.

Reactions: BOSS

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
I really want to go to Thailand next. Why it gotta be so far away :(

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I was supposed to be in Colombia today but my passport got washed and it wasn't accepted at the airport. It wasn't too damaged so I thought I had a good shot :(

The airline gave me a total refund so we'll see if I get to reschedule another trip. I'll probably skip on Colombia and go elsewhere in South America next time.

1 - 20 of 2555 Posts