Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 727 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other thread was flooded by pictures of middle class, flats, apartments and rubbish where I would say RICH and not WEALTHY people live.

By wealthy I mean where only 1% live

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Set the ball rolling by showcasing what you have in mind.

·
Skybar Mod
24,823 Posts
How easy is it to take pictures of where the extremely wealthy live?
You don't have to take pictures yourself :nuts: Just find them off the internet.

Everyone has a different definition of what wealthy is and maybe the top 1% of Uganda lives in houses that are more modest than the top 1% of the US.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
From the other thread...

Clifton/Camps Bay, Cape Town - South Africa's most expensive suburb:

You get the idea... :)
This maybe a wealthy neighbourhood but there is nothing in the shot to show it

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
You don't have to take pictures yourself :nuts: Just find them off the internet.

Everyone has a different definition of what wealthy is and maybe the top 1% of Uganda lives in houses that are more modest than the top 1% of the US.
Ahem what's with the eyes rolling. I live here I know how things are and how difficult it can be to get pictures online of where the select few live.

I don't know why you are telling me that everyone has their definition of wealthy? Did I dispute that?

·
Skybar Mod
24,823 Posts
Ahem what's with the eyes rolling. I live here I know how things are and how difficult it can be to get pictures online of where the select few live.

I don't know why you are telling me that everyone has their definition of wealthy? Did I dispute that?
That comment was for Mwinyi

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
i said no apartments
Those are all multi million dollar houses in the most expensive suburb in South Africa, and probably in all of Africa.

Lydon posted aerial shots, shots of the location, the stunning beach side setting, the mountain and the views, to show why the location is prized.
He then posted photos of some of the stunning designer mansions in this exclusive enclave.

So exactly what this thread asks for...but all you guys do is dis it and whine and make excuses. What is up with you lot?

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
South African Luxury Mansion on Eccleston Crescent $3,516,422 USD

Uninterrupted breathtaking views. Set within an exclusive guarded enclave lies this stunning architectural Masterpiece on approx 1 Acre

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Glass House Johannesburg, South Africa
Contemporary open-plan light-filled house that offers a view to
the garden from every room.

According to the architects: “The owner wanted a modern, glamorous, open-plan and light-filled house with views from all rooms into the garden.

“The shape on the south side is a half circle, forming a horseshoe on the north side. Approaching the house form the gate the driveway is elevated to allow glimpses through the house to the garden and raised water feature on the other side of the contemporary South African property.

“The porte cochere is a suspended glass and stainless steel structure, with views into the property and a stainless steel and glass staircase, suspended over a heated pond with a circular raised glass water feature in the background and framed by a beam two storeys high.

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Stunning House located in Johannesburg South Africa

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Wonderful And Sustainable House in Limpopo South Africa

The brief was to transform the look of the existing visually unattractive face brick house with vaulted roofs, small windows to something modern and chic. Special attention was paid to the street façade to create an inviting entrance with a water feature. An additional bedroom was added on the first floor, the clients wanted to open up the living areas, and redesign the bedroom section which had an ‘old school’ style long dark passage. The overall effect is aesthetically pleasing.

1 - 20 of 727 Posts