SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
881 - 900 of 1305 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
^^ Still supporting the side of racism, police brutality, and the attack on civil liberties I see. Even Trump has given up and pulled his Secret Police thugs out of Portland as it was not a good look for him with the attacks on Veterans and Moms.

·
Registered
975 Posts
^^ Federal security forces are being removed from Portland because the local police have now been ordered to protect the infrastructure and sites which were the target of the rioters.
The condition of removal of the forces hinges on local police securing federal buildings.

It’s not an indicator that Trump is pulling back from his decision to send forces in; its an indicator that local policy makers are walking back from their original decision of not intervening in the protests in the first place.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I suggest it would it is a combination of both. The facts are he has pulled them out and local policy makers needed to sort their act out. Optics and politics played apart in all this. People like Danukoz and leaders like Trump painting all BLM protestors as a racist political movement and violent extremists is gross exaggeration.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I’d agree with your last statement for the most part.
though I think, based on my understanding of the term, many within the blm movement have a racist philosophy, misguidedly masquerading Behind ‘anti racism’.
From what I read, the stance of many supporters of the blm movement is completely contrary to the teachings of someone like say - Martin Luther King jnr.
And federal forces defending federal buildings from destruction and imposing order seems in line with a reasonable course of action for the state.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
^^ Still supporting the side of racism, police brutality, and the attack on civil liberties I see. Even Trump has given up and pulled his Secret Police thugs out of Portland as it was not a good look for him with the attacks on Veterans and Moms.
Nah mate that’s you supporting the side of racism. But you’re led to believe the opposite. You’re living in an alternate reality where riots and violence are peaceful and everyone and everything is racist despite living in western democracy and one of the least racist countries on earth.

It’s literally Orwellian - war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I suggest it would it is a combination of both. The facts are he has pulled them out and local policy makers needed to sort their act out. Optics and politics played apart in all this. People like Danukoz and leaders like Trump painting all BLM protestors as a racist political movement and violent extremists is gross exaggeration.
All BLM protestors are not, I agree. However, most of the leaders that organise the demonstrations are

·
Registered
516 Posts
ased on my understanding of the term, many within the blm movement have a racist philosophy, misguidedly masquerading Behind ‘anti racism’.
From what I read, the stance of many supporters of the blm movement is completely contrary to the teachings of someone like say - Martin Luther King jnr.
So many Black Americans are anti-semitic and homophobic to the max.

They are in this to seize power for themselves, they couldn't care less about ending 'oppression'.

Infact they want to impose oppression upon the groups they don't like.

·
23,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #888
All BLM protestors are not, I agree. However, most of the leaders that organise the demonstrations are
Then why are most BLM not violent then? Are they that bad at organising them? Or are a majority of the people who attend just not interested in violence regardless of what the leaders think?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
So many of the left have fell silent on all the Summer of Love and wonderful peaceful protests of late. Hilarious the left media are still reporting them as peaceful protests... “a peaceful protest suddenly turned into a riot by a few bad apples”... lol.

So you naive lefties still believing BLM is this wonderful charitable organisation of goodwill rather than the racist political movement it has been shown to be?

American democrat led cities are going to shit with crimes and violence skyrocketing. Defund the police! Smart move.

When are you guys going to wake up? Or have you come to that realisation already that you have been hoodwinked but silent on it because, well, it might work against ol Trumpy.
Most "lay ppl" that turn up to a BLM protest probably have the best of intentions and a simple intention - they want to see people and their kids to stop seeing color and that's fine.

But... there is always a but when it comes to me. I don't see why it's not accepted to criticise the BLM foundation, its founders, and its core ideology. They are obviously Marxist, they obviously have a far greater agenda, they are obviously bias so much at the political level that they are completely partisan in nature. You, know that's also fine. But, it's not fine to not identify that. Are they violent? Nope, I don't think so BUT again, so many naive extreme "lay ppl" follow them and absolutely do act with violence. Does BLM as an organization condone that? I don't think so. As I gleaned from a MoeFactz (archive.moefactz.com) podcast (he is African American), they are "Black Inc" - that's exactly what they are - they use divisive issues of Black Americans for far greater agendas. They actually really care little for the actual issues most people think they represent. Don't believe me? Fine. My research has led me to see it otherwise. If that changes, I'll let ppl know.

I'm all for an organization that in theory, fights any form of racism but I truly see BLM as not that organization. They have far greater agendas and goals and that is made pretty clear on their own website and with a bit of good old fashion self research and critical thinking? I just can't support their form and idea of reform. To me it is more divisive than it is unifying.

·
23,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #890
It's more than fine to criticise the organisation as a whole, as long as it's not at the same time as saying there is no issue, which in almost all cases it is.
I don't really think I've seen anyone who have brought up the issue of BLM on multiple occasions, who also don't feel systemic racism is real and also don't feel there is anything worth fighting for.

It's like China. Criticise the CCP but support the people. Happy for the BLM criticism as long as people respect the primary issue and fight for that. Almost never see that happen.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
So if you saw "free thinking" Chinese citizens supporting CCP propaganda, that's ok? I don't, but at the same time, the vast majority that would be supporting the CCP probably don't know better so at a personal level I have no ambivalence towards them, but at the same time, I would be performing an injustice not to highlight to them that what they support, has deep fundamentally flawed issues (IMO).

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's like China. Criticise the CCP but support the people. Happy for the BLM criticism as long as people respect the primary issue and fight for that. Almost never see that happen.
Its impossible to support the Chinese people when they launch a full scale mob attack on anyone who criticises the CCP.

·
23,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #893
You do realise that the term "supporting the Chinese People" is a catch all and doesn't excuse each and every action, right? My goodness it's tiring having to identify each and every nuance.

So if you saw "free thinking" Chinese citizens supporting CCP propaganda, that's ok? I don't, but at the same time, the vast majority that would be supporting the CCP probably don't know better so at a personal level I have no ambivalence towards them, but at the same time, I would be performing an injustice not to highlight to them that what they support, has deep fundamentally flawed issues (IMO).
Name another major worldwide organisation pushing equality between people regardless of colour. Not only major, but effective at continuing the fight in the mainstream.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
So many Black Americans are anti-semitic and homophobic to the max.

They are in this to seize power for themselves, they couldn't care less about ending 'oppression'.

In act they want to impose oppression upon the groups they don't like.
Lots of generalisations in that post.

If one just changes a few words

So many White Americans are anti-semitic and homophobic to the max too.

Are they in this to stay in power for themselves, Is it that they couldn't care less about ending 'oppression'?

In fact is it that they want to continue oppression upon the groups they don't like?

·
23,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #895
^^It also assumes that a group needs to be made up of only perfect people before they are allowed to fight for their own rights and equality.

What rubbish.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
You do realise that the term "supporting the Chinese People" is a catch all and doesn't excuse each and every action, right? My goodness it's tiring having to identify each and every nuance.

Name another major worldwide organisation pushing equality between people regardless of colour. Not only major, but effective at continuing the fight in the mainstream.
I could, but I will not. There are many, secular and faith based.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's impossible to support the Chinese people when they launch a full-scale mob attack on anyone who criticises the CCP.
Your paranoid fear of 'the mob' is very telling about your anti-democratic politics where the people are to be feared and it would be much better if they would shut up and follow whatever their elites and their systems of control like the mass media.

The Communist Party of China is not a "mob". It is the world's largest political party with about 92 million members, in national a society with roughly 1.3 billion people. This works out to something like 1 in every 14 or 15 people in every village, town, city and province in China being a member of the CPC. Being a member of the CPC is very different from being a member of a political party in the west. In countries like Australia being a member of the ALP or the Liberals is effectively a meaningless token. Nobody goes to regular branch meetings. Nobody is involved in direct action work in support of the state fulfilling its policies. Nobody does community organising drives or provides emergency care/services when needed. Nobody does anything really, except maybe a small percentage of the most hardcore activists who hand out how to vote cards once every 3 or 4 years or end up working in an MP's office (we're talking hundreds of people - maybe a couple of thousand at most - out of 25 million Australians). In China being a party member makes you obligated to be a leader in your workplace, your street/neighbourhood, you local party branch etc. You are expected to be engaged in activism on a daily basis, serving the people.

Given the above, it should already be clear that the CPC is a permanent presence, constantly seeking to improve living conditions and agitate for the working class, all throughout Chinese society. How anyone could attempt to speak separately of 'the Chinese people' in a way that somehow perfectly excludes the single political party in which 1 in 15 people is a member seems extremely odd, bordering on magical thinking. But if more proof is needed of this fact, a study from Harvard last month offers a series of conclusions that make no sense if you believe the usual lies peddled about China in the west 'Oh it's an authoritarian dictatorship!! The people are all starving and oppressed so they must hate their leaders and the government!!' See below:

Chinese rate government ‘more capable than ever before’, long-term Harvard study finds
  • Surveys of more 31,000 people from 2003 to 2016 show a swell of support for the ruling Communist Party
  • But report authors say slowing economic growth could dent public opinion
Chinese citizens’ satisfaction with the government improved overall from 2003 to 2016, but slowing economic growth since then could dent public opinion, according to a Harvard University study.

Findings of the long-term study were released last week, and showed a swell of support for the ruling Communist Party in that period.

“From the impact of broad national policies to the conduct of local town officials, Chinese citizens rate the government as more capable and effective than ever before,” authors Edward Cunningham, Tony Saich and Jessie Turiel, from the Roy and Lila Ash Centre for Democratic Governance and Innovation, wrote in the report.

Their study was based on data from eight separate surveys, including face-to-face interviews, conducted between 2003 and 2016. It involved more than 31,000 Chinese in both urban and rural areas. The surveys were designed by the Ash Centre at the Harvard Kennedy School, and carried out by a “reputable domestic Chinese polling firm”, the report said, without elaborating.

The authors described the study as “the longest-running independent effort to track citizen approval with all four levels of the Chinese government”.

They rejected a theory that Beijing was sitting on a “social volcano” of suppressed public dissatisfaction, but cautioned that without robust economic growth – and if austerity measures were introduced – the widespread approval might change.

According to the study, the proportion of respondents satisfied with the central government rose from 86.1 per cent in 2003 to 93.1 per cent in 2016...(article continues at link above).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion - the CPC is not a "mob". It is the world's largest political party with 92 million activist-members. The expression 'the Chinese people' and the CPC are interchangeable because, as the Harvard study demonstrates very clearly - the party & the state serve the people, not according to some party propaganda booklet but according to the people themselves. In this sense, China is a profoundly more democratic society in which the 'rule of the people' (the literal meaning of the Greek words demos + kratia) is practised in the daily life of the average citizen.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That and/or completely misinformed. I recall an interview on the ABC morning program with an organiser in Darwin regarding an upcoming protest who had no idea what the breakdown of the much quoted figure of 432 deaths in custody came from. She was plainly asked how many were withing police custody and how many were within correctional services at the time and she couldn't answer.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
^^ and why would that make any of the 432 deaths any less unacceptable or excessive police force acceptable and not something to be angry about and not protest about?

·
23,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #900
Correct. Even if all of them were for "valid reasons" (lol), there is still a systemic problem in indigenous citizens are dying in custody at a proportionally higher rate every single year.

881 - 900 of 1305 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.