SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
18,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trip so far:

All photos obtained from Windows Live Local.

1. Freiburg
2. Offenburg
3. Karlsruhe
4. Mannheim
5. Heilbronn
6. Stuttgart
7. Ulm
8. Augsburg
9A. Munich, Central
9B. Munich, North
9C. Munich, South
10. Nuremburg
11. Bamberg
12. Erfurt
13. Weimar
14. Jena

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GERA

Location of photos

1. About a half hour after leaving Jena we approached Gera.

2. The northern gateway to the city was dominated by industry, in addition to the surrounding farms.

3. Beautiful!

4. I love it! Hans and Frans were having grave doubts about my sanity by now. I don't blame them!

5. Just to piss me off, Hans got off the main road and drove through some residential areas. "Ha!" he said. "No factories here!"

6. And then we encountered . . . SOME GLORIOUS COMMIEBLOCKS!!!! :banana:

7. But suddenly I got my comuppance! We encountered more industry! Fabulous!

8. But it was time to stop by our hotel and drop our things off, so we headed to the center of town. To do so, we had to drive through some farms from where we were.

9. Finally we got back into the city.

10. Our hotel was here. We dropped off our stuff and ate lunch.

11. We hopped in our car and headed downtown to look at some of the sights. Downtown was nice, but fairly unremarkable.

12. There was a UFO landing site next to the football stadium.

13. Across the river was some more nice but uninspiring stuff.

14. Just south of downtown there was a little more industry. Beautiful! I longed to live in one of these apartments overlooking the power plant (or whatever it was).

15. There were a lot of Shrebergaren all over the city.

16. More here.

17. A little neighborhood center.

18. And what appeared to be some decaying WWII army barracks in the middle of some industry.

19. By the time we got to the airport at the eastern edge of the city, it was getting late and we wanted to head back to our hotel. We ate dinner, then went to a bar and got really drunk! It was the first time in more than a week that we did so!

20. The next morning, slightly hungover, we headed south. There were a lot of nondescript neighborhoods that looked like this.

21. Not to mention more Shrebergarten.

22. We got gas here.

23. Passed by some more Shrebergarten, and some factories.

24. And some neighborhoods that were a mix of somewhat older buildings and commieblocks.

25. But some parts were quaint and old. We had brunch here. And as we were walking around a bit after we ate, I saw one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen here! She was . . . built! Damn I will NEVER forget her!

26. But just a short distance from the quaint little village with the hot woman was one of the most amazing collections of commieblocks I'd seen yet!

27. More!

28. And still more!

29. But there were some regular houses, too.

30. It was getting late in the afternoon, and we had started heading kinda far out to the west, where the city started turning into countryside.

31. But there were some nice neighborhoods out here, too. But now it was time to go back to our hotel for the evening. We ate downtown - and decided not to go bar-hopping that night. We watched a football game on TV (Hans and Frans were routing for different teams - it was rather funny). The next day, after having had our rent-a-car for several days in a row, it was time to hand it in. After we handed it in . . .

32. . . . we headed to the train station and hopped on board. Off to Chemnitz!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.