SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
- The Berlin Style -

About:

This thread is dedicated to the showcase and discussion of buildings in the Neotraditional style which in recent years has become popular in Germany.
Because of it's prominence in the nation's capital, I chose to give it the more simple name of "The Berlin Style".

Eisenzahn 1

Eisenzahnstrasse 1, Berlin-Wilmersdorf

Built: 2014-2016

Architect: Sebastian Treese

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was there really a need for this topic? All of these projects have previously been posted in the main thread.
My reasoning behind creating the thread is:

1. These buildings which are appearing in Germany form a distinct new style, unlike many of the buildings in the main thread. And since we have threads for all of the older forms of classical architecture, we could have one for this as well.

2. If you are specifically interrested in this style, looking through over 400 pages of mostly other stuff might be annoying.

At the same time, I understand what you mean. Posting and discussing the same thing on two places does seem a bit unnecessary. I just personally felt that it would be nice to have a thread where one could watch there buildings on their own. I hope it's not an inconvenience to you.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Good stuff.

Reactions: gdlrar

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Really great stuff. :) Berlin has some of the best neotradional architecture in the world. It's not just a perfect replica of older styles and it's also not the overladen kitsch we often see. It's traditional but at the same time modern and understated and unique.
Exactly! And that's what I find so fascinating about it. It's (as far as I know) the first new classical style since the first half of the 20th century, and perhaps the first of many to come? :D

1 - 20 of 612 Posts