SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Both Pyongyang Pyramid and Buffalo Central looks kinda gothic and evil looking. Sorta belong to evil organization in Gotham City...he he he....I guess no one wants to occupy that building anyway. Creepy looking too....

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
I stayed in a hotel in Shenzhen that was half abandoned. a few of the top floors were empty. I went up onto the roof.

·
15,984 Posts
There are a few of them in Detroit.
There are but with the urban renewal and downtown revitalization, I think these building are being rennovated or being turned to lofts or condos. Kinda like what they did to Downtown LA.

·
110,361 Posts
There are but with the urban renewal and downtown revitalization, I think these building are being rennovated or being turned to lofts or condos. Kinda like what they did to Downtown LA.
The downtown revitalization is very much a dream right now. Those ones are few and in-between. There are still huge swaths of abandoned and blighted land steps from the city centre. The automobile manufacturers are not likely going to move back into the downtown anyway.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Interesting topic. I'm curious about that "blue tooth" in Moscow, how come it's not finished? It looks quite nice from outside. That stupid to build a nice looking tower and then abandon in the middle of everything. I asume that cost a little more than it was planned and the thing left there?

·
Registered
110 Posts
This building in Binghamton, NY was contaminated with PCBs after a fire (I think). Not sure if it has ever reopened.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Not sure if a thread already exists for this. Here is one famous one in Buffalo New York, Buffalo Central Station:

Its being used.

The group that owns and is restoring the building use the vast space of the train station to host events. They use the money raised from the events to further restore the building.

So its not really abandoned.

As you can see its come along way but still has a long way to go.

What the inside looks like

PS. Its called The Buffalo Central Terminal.

·
Buffalo's Worst Nightmare
1,944 Posts
Cleveland - AT Tower

Detroit - Book Tower

Detroit - Michigan Central Station

Niagara Falls, NY - United Office Building

www.urbanohio.com

1 - 20 of 318 Posts