21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
City Grand, Giza Plateau

Name: City Grand
Use: Commercial District
Architects: E + K architects

Information

E+A Architects designs nee commercial district in Egypt's historic city

The City Grand Promenade (an un-built project) is located on the Giza Plateau near the Giza Pyramids Complex, the project size is 189,000 sq m with estimated cost $230 million. The project is one of several large scale commercial projects coming up around Cairo.

These up and coming retail centres are introducing fresh perspectives on commercial experiences. In this light, the City Grand Promenade aimed to present an outstanding entertainment experience & increase the land value by creating a spacious commercial street facing the pyramids.

The site characteristics, topography, and natural rock formations inspired the visual approach to the project. Similar to the erosive effect of wind on rock, creating a series of dramatic and beautiful forms, the design team aimed to develop a number of domes covering the atrium spaces providing both a fully acclimatised space or, on occasion, a shaded one.

The natural concept is explored further through the creation of central public spaces inspired by the concept of the natural oasis within the desert which is rich of greens & water features which creates an outstanding harmony with the surrounding nature.

This harmony with climate and nature is expressed also through the natural appearance of the copper perforated skins as well as the integrated landscape inside the building which enhances the environmental performance of the building and merges with outstanding natural context.
Key Facts

Worldarchitecturenews.com

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Renderings

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

WOOW! I'm sure I saw the first render before but never thought it'd be in Giza. That's is incredible. I'll find some news now :)

Thanks Tbite

edit: WOW it's also designed with Egyptians too. That just adds the taste!

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It said it is near the Giza Pyramids. Why are the allowed to build so close to the pyramids.

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
oo no, When they say it's near the pyramids they mean its near the ring road, Alexandria-Cairo highway. there are tons of Projects in that highway. because it's desert and these projects will lift it's look also it's have a very high traffic so mainly retails will win from this :)

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Abdo, if its true, it have to be an awsome project... I really like the numerous center commercial project all over Egypt :banana:

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Sweet renders, and great project, the design is stunning, but its if its going to be Visually demeaning to the Pyramids in ANY way, then I absolutely reject it.

However it looks like its not close to the Pyramids, probably in the desert areas next the highways and new communities in the areas.

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Sweet renders, and great project, the design is stunning, but its if its going to be Visually demeaning to the Pyramids in ANY way, then I absolutely reject it.

However it looks like its not close to the Pyramids, probably in the desert areas next the highways and new communities in the areas.
Ya 3am, accept it, we'd rather have something instead of nothing right?

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Yeah I'm accepting it, as long as it does no visual harm to the Pyramids. The Pyramids are the most valuable structure BY FAR in our country.

If I had to choose to have either the Burj Dubai or the Pyramids in Egypt, I would definitely choose the Pyramids.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
^^ 100% True... nobody can rebuild the pyramids again and you can rebuild the Burj Dubai. Great design of the project though!

·
Nothing Compares To Egypt
37 Posts
Resorts and high class neighborhoods should be looking over the pyramids not soo close though the whole giza area shud over look the pyramids from anywhere in it that keeps the amazing history and the smart investment 2gther and speaking of skyscrapers thank god our country is huge we can build a million Dubai in it xD
luving the design though

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Guys, It's a complex, it's size is 189,000 sq m and the project cost is about $230 million. so can we include this info in the title?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts