Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not filled in on all the details of this but all i know is stwo guys with bombs rammed into the Terminus doors at the Airport. the car caught fire as did the terminus building causing some damage. One of the men is dead, the other was taken to the Royal Alexandra hospital in Paisley which has been cordoned off. Britain has been set on a 'Critical' alert thanks to these attcks which may have been linked to an attempted bomb plot in london which was foiled yesterday.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry. i was just going on word of mouth.

i was at the Cathouse earlier when my mates mum phoned and told him about it. on the bus home i got dogs abuse from wee bams up the back seat because i wasnt white and had a bag with me. And thats what i fear will happen when all this blows over. Glasgow is a very racially tolerant city. We could lose that if it is confirmed these two men are not white.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
hope everything's going well over there.

-

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I am totally appalled and disgusted by these attacks. It is sickening for these evil people to think that they can just blatantly attack and attempt to kill masses of completely innocent people. I was just in the Glasgow Airport two weeks ago coming back home from my vacation in Scotland. The vehicle attacked one of the entrances to the airport. It is unreal and is despicable. There are muslims all over Great Britain...are they all evil? Of course not. The challenge is guessing who is good and who isn't, IMO. How can you ever tell? Sometimes you have to wonder, with this war, if it is time to "purge," until things have settled down...in other words, send them all home until the threat is over. The innocent MUST be protected. It's been done in the past. If it can't or won't be done, I'm afraid, we'll just have to learn to live with these random attacks and play a small game of russian roulette with our own lives ....

·
control yourself
4,370 Posts
Sean, comments like that are not appreciate nor wanted here regardless of in what good faith they were made in. I find those last three sentences utterly despicable. Utterly.

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
Right you are Sean, its disguting - this attacked occurred on the first day of the school holidays. These people are deluded fools, brainwashed by others into believing they are doing this for a higher purpose. I pray this doesn't damage our economy at a time when we are experiencing record growth and investment and our games bid. I will be devastated if this leads to a drop in tourist visitors ( business tourists, conference business at the SECC too ) and inward investment. Its also alarming to think they may be suicide bombers wondering the streets of Glasgow ( the 'man' taken to the hospital in Paisley was wearing a suspicious device, this is why the hospital was initially evacuated ).

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Sean, comments like that are not appreciate nor wanted here regardless of in what good faith they were made in. I find those last three sentences utterly despicable. Utterly.
It is completely despicable. But, unfortunately, it is possibly becoming a reality. Watch the future. Watch Scotland Yard. You think I'm kidding? Watch the news. Things aren't going to get better. Ask any muslim, it is no secret, they insist, in the end, that every person become a muslim. It is the only acceptable thing to their faith. Ask them. It is in the Kuran. Why do you think we are having this war? Maybe you are muslim already. I have no clue.

·
control yourself
4,370 Posts
No Sean you don't. Your attitude is exactly the sort that does no good for anyone. "time for a 'purge'"? Thats what AlQuaeida say too.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
No Sean you don't. Your attitude is exactly the sort that does no good for anyone. "time for a 'purge'"? Thats what AlQuaeida say too.
Would you feel the exact same way if the last two days were successful for these thugs and several thousand were killed, including your own family and/or friends? I'm not a prejudiced person and I'm not evil. And I adore your country and it's people. But, there are many that have infiltrated your gorgeous island that are intent on eliminating you. Unfortunately, I speak the total truth. I certainly wish I wasn't speaking the truth. I wouldn't post such things if current events didn't continue to point towards what I am saying. It's very sad and breaks my heart, but, it is true. Long live the Scottish.....

·
control yourself
4,370 Posts
Sean, the sentiment, as I said, is appreciate, however il-executed, but you are sounding more and more a bigot with every retort. It would be best if you said nothing more; lest they throw the mein kampf at you...

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Sean, the sentiment, as I said, is appreciate, however il-executed, but you are sounding more and more a bigot with every retort. It would be best if you said nothing more; lest they throw the mein kampf at you...
I'll leave...but, I'm about as far from a bigot as you could imagine. I lost friends on 9/11..to a bunch of nuts. I certainly hope that day doesn't come for you. But, you have neighbors that are certainly plotting that very thing, today. If you want to think I'm a bigot or prejudiced, go ahead. I don't care. I know what this battle is about. Your country is more on the front line right now, than mine. But, you'll always have my heart and soul. And I'll never retort to defending a people that would stab me in the back as soon as I turned my head. Make sure you aren't doing that very thing......

·
control yourself
4,370 Posts
I am not defending terrorists, I am defending the right to be innocent until proven guilty, which I imagine will go for the VAST majority of Scottish Muslims i.e. my neighbours. The colour of your skin or your religion doesnt make you a terrorist or a criminal - a lesson I thought the US would have learned by now.

·
***Alexxx***
5,275 Posts
but to be honist sean is deffending people in the UK so thats fine...but i also dont fink it is good to be as bad as they are...

·
Use your words
4,857 Posts
We had bother during the troubles. Funny how we didn't have people telling us to have a purge then. Lucky for those IRA scamps they had white skin, eh?

·
Izzle Bizzle
1,512 Posts
The challenge is guessing who is good and who isn't, IMO. How can you ever tell? Sometimes you have to wonder, with this war, if it is time to "purge," until things have settled down...in other words, send them all home until the threat is over.
Send me home? Where would that be then? I was born here, Glasgow is my home and Britain is all I know. Where would you send me?

Personally, I think this attack reeks of amateurism... it's as if a couple of numpties saw the London attacks and thought to themselves 'yeah we could do something similar... let's do it'. They don't stand for me and they don't stand for Islam.

And in case you're wondering... yes, I am brown, yes I have a beard and yes I'm Muslim.

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
We had bother during the troubles. Funny how we didn't have people telling us to have a purge then.
I thought that was the para-military's message!

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
Is no-one else worried this could damage Glasgow's economy?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts