SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I do find it odd that Glasgow is tucked away in a sub forum while places like Leeds and Sheffield have their own forums. But despite Glasgow being a Liverpool/Manchester sized city, it is nowhere near as busy as those forums, so in terms of forum traffic, it all looks good to me as it is.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do find it odd that Glasgow is tucked away in a sub forum while places like Leeds and Sheffield have their own forums. But despite Glasgow being a Liverpool/Manchester sized city, it is nowhere near as busy as those forums, so in terms of forum traffic, it all looks good to me as it is.
Exactly. Glasgow should be front and Centre so Should Edinburgh, is this the UK forum or the English forum.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Exactly. Glasgow should be front and Centre so Should Edinburgh, is this the UK forum or the English forum.
I'd agree with this if we were talking about publicly funded news coverage or something, but as Kolothos says...

Certainly Glasgow and Edinburgh are busy with developments but there doesn't seem to be the same number of forum-ers. Remember, Glasgow became a sub-forum because it had spawned Edinburgh/Dundee/Aberdeen threads which needed a home.

Whats the alternative home for those threads?

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
When the the Glasgow subforum was on the front page, it was absolutely dead. Traffic has picked up a little bit since the Scotland forum has widened the catchment area.

The Wales forum is dead.

The activity in the Belfast/NI forum could probably be condensed into a single thread pretty easily.

I think the UK forum has quite enough subforums.

·
The Legend
13,339 Posts
Since the introduction of the North East sub-forum a few years back it has been widely recognised by post and viewership/readership counts that regional sub-forums are the way to go. Glasgow's was renamed Scotland and Glasgow was placed within it similar to the North East's Sub-forum and post counts and viewers/readers of it has increased.

It probably won't be long until everything is regionalised on the UK & Ireland side of things.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Says a lot about Glaswegians. Most don't really give a damn about the city. Certainly not enough to join a forum to talk about stuff happening in the city :p

·
The Legend
13,339 Posts
Says a lot about Glaswegians. Most don't really give a damn about the city. Certainly not enough to join a forum to talk about stuff happening in the city :p
Not really, it just shows that using the sub-forums as regional sub-forums bring in most posts, discussions, and members in talking about the wider area and not just limiting to the city. It's never hindered Glasgow's discussion, in fact Glasgow probably has more members there now because they have came for discussions about elsewhere in Scotland and have had things to share about Glasgow as well.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Probably just talk about stuff the old fashioned way i.e down the pub rather than on the internet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts