1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silent
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Glasgow seems to me be a better city than other cities like liverpool ,

Leeds ,Sheffield and yet gets more tall buildings proposed and built , We

have a better inner city great retail and so much more but when it comes to

polls glasgow always comes last for the best skyline and in skyscrapercity they put Glasgow second last in

UK & Ireland Architecture Forums just behind Sheffield when we should be

ahead of other cities . why Glasgow is one of the best cities out of

London . Please don't take it personal or anything like it .

Thank you .

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Glasgow seems to me be a better city than other cityies like liverpool ,

Leeds ,Sheffield and yet get more tall buildings proposed and built , We

have a better inner city great retail and so much more but when it comes to

polls the best skyline and in skyscrapercity they put Glasgow second last in

UK & Ireland Architecture Forums just behind Sheffield when we should

ahead of other cityies . why Glasgow is one of the best cityies out of

London . Please don't take it personal or anything like it .

Thank you .
Perhaps Glasgow's inhabitants are not the best at spelling though djmaxliving......cityies is spelt CITIES!!!!!!!!

I know Glasgow well and love the city. However cities such as Leeds. Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham are taking a real lead in the skyscraper stakes. Come on Glasgow, lets see some skychasing going on around the Clyde!!

·
pictures speak volumes
359 Posts
Well I recon it might have something to do with population as leeds manchester liverpool have larger combined population so attracting larger developments. Which according to a news story recently some of the developments are lying half empty or full due to buy to let landlords unable to fill their properties but that's just my opinion

·
Izzle Bizzle
1,512 Posts
Odd thread. Guys, it's easy to make fun of djmaxliving, and to be honest I've been wondering what's going on with this English for a while now. But we don't know anything about him other than that he's in his early teens, so let's cut him some slack.

As for the thread, it's clearly well intentioned. Pointless skyline poll threads aside, we have discussed this sort of thing before. It's just not been framed or elocuted particularly well.

All that said, it's probably for the best if this thread is locked sharpish. Sorry mate, but we try to avoid comparing cities and playing 'mines is bigger than yours' games here.

·
Silent
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i might close this thread but i will make a better thread . I am 16 yrs old one of the youngest and the reason for this thread is because today i spent hours walking around glasgow and seeing how good glasgow is to other cities i posted this thread but i will improve my abc thanks alot everyone part from one person ? . From glasgow shame on him ? .

·
control yourself
4,367 Posts
djmax, don't worry yourself about it, its no big deal, its just that this kind of thread (i.e. "my city is better than your city") attracts trouble and bitching. this kind of thread goes in the [City Talk section, have a look in there :)

I'm sure that one certain person knows its a bit wiggleyish of him to take the piss out of other folks spelling ;)

·
Profile of the Rising Sun
2,850 Posts
I don't think thread is so bad. It isn't exactly city vs city (as far as I can tell) but rather "Why isn't Glasgow up there with other British cities" thread.
If it has been discussed before someone could atleast link him to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts