SkyscraperCity Forum banner
3721 - 3740 of 4094 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I wish someone would launch Anti-Wokness and Totalitarian radar detectors before we end up in a China/North Korea like state. If we continue with this authoritarian madness, then it’s coming at us like an express train and most of us cant even see that through our Woke stained sunglasses. 🥵
"Which piece of jargon, when used in earnest, most convinces you that a satisfying conversation with the speaker will prove impossible "

Go back to the Daily Mail/Express comment section pal.

·
User
18,900 Posts
Ooft aye. Neat wee example of the only truly widespread & fervent intolerance abroad in this country - that of self conceived 'liberals' (sic) towards anybody offering a differing view point. And I say that as a natural lefty.

·
Registered
258 Posts
@Charlie_ I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make. My issue isn't with his point of view rather with the use of the term "woke" which makes no sense in this context and generally as my quotation alludes to (much like liberal) is often used by people who don't understand what the term means.

·
User
18,900 Posts
@Charlie_ I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make. My issue isn't with his point of view rather with the use of the term "woke" which makes no sense in this context and generally as my quotation alludes to (much like liberal) is often used by people who don't understand what the term means.
Well I'd agree his reference was OT. That being the case we're probably leaving it on that point of agreement 🤝🏻

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Streets in Woodside are set to undergo an “ambitious” regeneration — with new gardens, play areas and allotments.

The ‘Making Places’ project would tie in with ‘Connecting Woodside’ — an active travel plan for the area, which includes safer cycle routes.

Glasgow Times:

The aim is to turn Woodside into “a climate-adapted neighbourhood, creating an attractive, green infrastructure network”.

“We will put the woods back into Woodside,” the applicant claims. “The project is an ambitious environmental, placemaking-led regeneration of the Woodside area of Glasgow.”

this is the app

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
talk dirty to me baby

Making Places will deliver an interlinked network of green infrastructure
and public realm improvements right to the door of Woodside residents.
This will facillitate safe and convenient walking, cycling and wheeling,
connecting with the strategic cycleway routes created by the Connecting
Woodside project, and providing for journeys to the local nursery, primary
and secondary schools.

Existing barren areas of paving and mown grass will give way to a multi-
functional landscape that provides biodiversity, manages rainwater,
includes edible planting and contains play features. Seating will be
provided at natural gathering points and to give comfort to those on
foot, especially the elderly or less able. Many of the steps and walls will
be removed from the landscape so that accessibility is greatly improved;
ramped access will be added to ground floor doorways.

The prominence of vehicles will be diminished to help transform the
character of the public realm, winning space for raingardens and street
tree planting, as well as for widened footways and cycle-ways. New street
lighting will accentuate the improved public realm and safer routes through
Woodside, helping to remove barriers to walking and cycling by women,
young children and the elderly

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I'm torn between either wanting the council to sort out the urban jungle growing on High St, or let it grow to hide the monstrosity behind it.

View attachment 1892472
This is the kind of thing I was moaning about the other day. So many corners of prime city centre with this kind of overgrown fauna spilling out of every crevice of wall.

·
User
18,900 Posts
I guess ultimately they're 'the council's' responsibility to manage but can't anybody in the street cleaning department ever take a bit of initiative? As i mentioned at the time, there was a big mound of horse shit that lay in George Square for the best part of two weeks. Can you blame budgets or the council for nobody taking 2 minutes and a shovel to that? Those weeds....its one guy, some thick gloves, clippers & a couple of gardening bags. Do your f'n job, lads.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
there needs to be a city-wide campaign of extermination against buddleias like those. The buy-to-let dicks that own the complete close next to mine have allowed them to grow out their gutters and roof and im resigned to them spreading to ours next and having to pay for someone to remove them

3721 - 3740 of 4094 Posts