SkyscraperCity Forum banner
3821 - 3840 of 4088 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
A £115 million programme of works, and some contractor can come along and idly do that. It happens all over Glasgow, continually. Is the problem that the council is neutered in terms of its authority over these things?

These BT monoliths shouldn't even be permitted in the first place. Pavement width being reduced by a third for an advertising board is unacceptable. Very glad the Living Streets group are highlighting this sort of thing and how normalised it has become.
Far too much needless clutter these days. Seats, bins and trees....that's plenty.

·
Registered
534 Posts
'New bus stop with roof planter. And someone’s already littered because we can’t have nice things'

So what can be done to reduce littering. I imagine there are cities/countries which have managed to reduce littering over the years. What can we learn from them?

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
One thing I noticed about this photo is a proper seat to sit on. Most bus shelters seem to have a proper seat. But you can't say the same for many train stations where they give you a bar to lean against. Give us proper seats you cheap b*stards!

·
Registered
134 Posts
So what can be done to reduce littering. I imagine there are cities/countries which have managed to reduce littering over the years. What can we learn from them?
Emphasise respect for environment more in education system, and wait a couple of generations for the culture change to take effect.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
We've had the Keep Britain Tidy campaign for decades. Maybe it's behaviour leading to other behaviour - if streets are clean then less incentive to drop litter, if streets are filthy then others think well there's no harm in me dropping one more item.

But some people just don't care though. No matter what you say to them, they'll just do whatever pleases them.

·
User
18,898 Posts
We've had the Keep Britain Tidy campaign for decades. Maybe it's behaviour leading to other behaviour - if streets are clean then less incentive to drop litter, if streets are filthy then others think well there's no harm in me dropping one more item.

But some people just don't care though. No matter what you say to them, they'll just do whatever pleases them.
I increasingly feel the solution is vigilantism. We need & deserve heroes to abseil off nearby roofs and leather literers and smash up cars parked in bike lanes. Who else looks good in spandex?🦸🏻‍♂️

3821 - 3840 of 4088 Posts