SkyscraperCity Forum banner
741 - 760 of 4061 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Iceland at the corner of ashton lane/beside hillhead subway underwent a refit last week; Not much difference to the outside, but they did replace the wall tiles and installed a new sign. - still a mess but at least it looks a lot cleaner!

·
13,749 Posts
Seven Lochs green bridge shortlist revealed

Urban Realm - 4th November, 2013

A shortlist of five has been published by the Glasgow Institute of Architects in their green bridge competition – ‘Connecting the Seven Lochs’, at Gartloch, on the outskirts of Glasgow.

This has seen Cousins and Cousins Architects, Euan Maharg, Gavin Murray and Alison Heskith, Moxon Architects and Optimised Environments chosen from 18 entrants to go head-to-head.

Scott Ferguson of Glasgow and Clyde Valley Green Network partnership said: "The standard of entries was incredibly high – and it was great to see a range of different design solutions being put forward.

“I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the shortlisted entries.”

Each proposal will be presented at DNA Hub, on Glasgow’s South Frederick Street, on 13 November between 18:00 and 21:00 whereupon the winner will be revealed.
Euhan Maharg

Gavin Murray and Alison Hesketh

Moxon Architects

Optimised Environments

Cousins and Cousins Architects (?)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Fantastic. I like projects like that.

In other news, planning is in for a temporary park at the site bounded by Gallowgate, London road etc (where all those shops got demolished).

13/02313/DC is the planning reference.
Thank god that space is getting sorted out. A temporary park will do just fine until after the Games. I was getting concerned that there was nothing happening with the site and there was no sign of a mystery fire either...

·
Hipster Scum
5,874 Posts
Thank god that space is getting sorted out. A temporary park will do just fine until after the Games. I was getting concerned that there was nothing happening with the site and there was no sign of a mystery fire either...
Didn't the shops burn down not too long ago?

I wish temporary parks were the norm for long-term gap sites.

·
2,227 Posts
The Duke of Wellington statue on Royal Exchange Square is in for planning to be refurbished and to be given a taller plinth to deter the folk who put the cones on his/his horses head. Didn't realise that the statue was in such a poor state until recently, quite a bit of damage and corrosion... Glad this and GoMA's cupola/clock are getting refurbed! Hopefully before the Commonwealths next year, so they're looking their best :)

Reference: 13/02572/DC
Alternative Reference: Not Available
Application Received: Wed 30 Oct 2013
Address: Duke Of Wellington Statue On Queen Street Glasgow
Proposal: Restoration of monument including raising of plinth height.
Current

Proposed

·
Banned
2,749 Posts
this council back down at anyone don't they. from what i seen on facebook it was mostly students complaining about the plans.

The petition stated: "The cone on Wellington's head is an iconic part of Glasgow's heritage, and means far more to the people of Glasgow and to visitors than Wellington himself ever has.
students taking the piss surely :lol:

they should remove the statue from that location altogether in my opinion.

741 - 760 of 4061 Posts