SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1321 - 1340 of 4094 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Noticed today the first Parklet is now on Sauchiehall St on the roadway outside Bagel Mania. I didn't get a good look as I whizzed by on the number 4, but the first thing that struck me was the large planter with greenery in it, I almost had to rub my eyes - greenery on Sauchiehall St!! :)

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Noticed today the first Parklet is now on Sauchiehall St on the roadway outside Bagel Mania. I didn't get a good look as I whizzed by on the number 4, but the first thing that struck me was the large planter with greenery in it, I almost had to rub my eyes - greenery on Sauchiehall St!! :)
The first thing that struck me was that it was covered in dropped chips. Cause at the end of the day, it's still Sauchiehall Street.

·
User
18,901 Posts
I've seen pavements in need of repair elsewhere but few that were meant to look as shite as that roughcast, gimcrack set mush stuff we have here. It's like walking on compressed anti-jackson I tells ya

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Abstract launches St Vincent Plaza public realm

Abstract (Glasgow) Ltd – a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mark Glatman’s Abstract Securities – has officially launched its new public space as part of the construction of its St Vincent Plaza office development in Glasgow.

http://www.costar.co.uk/en/assets/news/2015/October/Abstract-launches-St-Vincent-Plaza-public-realm/

The new public space now links William Street to St Vincent Street, improving access from Hilton Glasgow to the International Financial Services District (IFSD) and the city centre.

The space was officially launched by Mark Glatman, chief executive of Abstract, Bailie Liz Cameron, Daniel Van Wyk, manager of Hilton Glasgow with the help of Lauren Rennie (9) and Aissatou Bah (10) of Oakgrove Primary School. Abstract Securities has supported Oakgrove Primary School with the development of the school’s Eco Committee projects.

St Vincent Plaza is a landmark development, located opposite the HQ for Scottish Power, and is one of the key elements in the next phase of the IFSD. Rents at the building are £23 per sq ft.

Mark Glatman, chief executive of Abstract Securities, said: “We have had a fantastic reaction to the new public space that brings a new vibrancy to the IFSD and the central business quarter of the City. The construction of St Vincent Plaza includes a 22 metre wide terraced pedestrian space, connecting St Vincent Street to William Street and Hilton Glasgow, dramatically improving access to the City Centre.

“Lighting is a key part of the scheme with a focus on creating a safe, well lit public realm link. Up-lighting to the M8 underpass and new feature signage forms part of the gateway to the space, helping define St Vincent Plaza as Glasgow's premier business address.

“Achieving a BREEAM 'Excellent' rating, the St Vincent Plaza development focuses on the use of sustainable and high quality materials within the public realm. Raised planters create a series of terraces and include native tree and shrub planting that gives seasonal interest to the space and enhancement to the ecology of the area.

“The St Vincent Plaza building features a striking granite and glazed façade which is complemented by Caithness stone, granite aggregate paving and integral feature lighting - all of which adds value to the exceptional work space and a wider contribution to the City's urban landscape.”

Bailie Liz Cameron, Executive Member for Jobs and the Economy, said: “The opening of the public realm at St Vincent Plaza completes this very exciting and important development for Glasgow. The Grade A office space will now be complemented by a fantastic streetscape, making this an even more attractive building for companies looking to locate in Glasgow. I look forward to the success of St Vincent Plaza.”

Daniel Van Wyk manager of Hilton Glasgow added "Hilton Glasgow are excited to welcome our new neighbours, St Vincent Plaza. This modern, attractive looking building is a fantastic addition to the area and we are thrilled to be included in the regeneration of this part of town. The new public realm and walkway from St Vincent Street will vastly improve the access to Hilton Glasgow for our customers to and from the City Centre. We really look forward to working together and building a strong relationship with St Vincent Plaza."

Jane Cerexhe, head teacher for Oakgrove Primary School explains how the school became connected with Abstract. She said, “When the Eco Committee saw the work begin at St Vincent Plaza they were concerned about the shrubs and trees growing in the car park that formerly occupied the site. We asked for the plants for our playground and Abstract created a new play space that benefits all of the school children. We would like to say thank you for their support.”

St Vincent Plaza and the new public realm are designed by Glasgow-based Keppie Design. Bowmer & Kirkland is the contractor. CBRE and Ryden are the joint letting agents.

1321 - 1340 of 4094 Posts