Skyscraper City Forum banner
3301 - 3320 of 3390 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Imagine a Six by Nico opening up in Royal Exchange Square or another Glasgow-based independent.
He seems to be expanding at some rate just now - his new restaurant in Dennistoun has opened with all profits going to the Beatson and he's opening another new one in Finnieston next month, following the success of the steak brand in his home delivery service during lockdown.

·
Registered
777 Posts
He seems to be expanding at some rate just now - his new restaurant in Dennistoun has opened with all profits going to the Beatson and he's opening another new one in Finnieston next month, following the success of the steak brand in his home delivery service during lockdown.
They’ve taken over the old Fopp on Byres Road too. 2 restaurants in London plus Edinburgh, Manchester and a couple of others so pretty rapid expansion.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I did Six by Nico. I get it. But fack me, i was still hungry when i came out.
I've never actually been in. But just using it as an example of a local business that might be better in a place like Royal Exchange Square than another national chain.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've never actually been in. But just using it as an example of a local business that might be better in a place like Royal Exchange Square than another national chain.
At the risk of those who shall remain unnamed popping up with words like “cesspit”, it is surprising that they’ve now got units, west, south and east in Glasgow but not in the city centre.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Royal Exchange Square is not a cesspit. Buchanan Street is not a cesspit. St Vincent Street is not a cesspit. Ingram Street is not a cesspit. Miller Street is not a cesspit. King Street is not a cesspit. Merchant City is not a cesspit. Parnie Street is not a cesspit. Waterloo Street is not a cesspit. Bothwell Street is not a cesspit. West Nile Street is not a cesspit. John Street is not a cesspit and it's currently getting better.

The problem areas are: Union Street, Gordon Street outside Central Station, parts of Argyle Street, parts of Sauchiehall Street.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I complain about the city on a forum about the city and I get gifs giving me the finger, get called a ****, told to **** off, and I'm the one that should be banned? WTF? I thought you put me on ignore? Do it. Yeesh.

·
Use your words
4,859 Posts
Some interesting stuff springing up recently. I've never been to a Gaucho's but frig me, anything based on the way they cook beef in Argentina must be biblical for a steak man.
I could be wrong (it has been known), but although they have decent beef in Argentina, I think they might overcook it by tradition. Would need to look it up.

Just near Mount Florida Station. Currently an Italian restaurant.
Sapori D'Italia's place? Sad to hear it's gone. That was immediately below my old flat, and I suspect that them doing up the property, which had been run down a bit by the old Pearl Of India (who had pretty much lost interest tbh) was a contributory factor in us making a few bob after a 4-year sell-on.
That said, I'd happily give the cash back to live there again. Needs must and suburban schools called, but I loved Mount Florida. :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
I could be wrong (it has been known), but although they have decent beef in Argentina, I think they might overcook it by tradition. Would need to look it up.

Sapori D'Italia's place? Sad to hear it's gone. That was immediately below my old flat, and I suspect that them doing up the property, which had been run down a bit by the old Pearl Of India (who had pretty much lost interest tbh) was a contributory factor in us making a few bob after a 4-year sell-on.
That said, I'd happily give the cash back to live there again. Needs must and suburban schools called, but I loved Mount Florida. :(
You’re right. My wife is from Argentina. Asado is somewhere between “well done” and “scorched earth”. They also don’t do sauces with their meat.
Incidentally, their cows came from Scotland. As did a number of their good private schools/colleges.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Royal Exchange Square is not a cesspit. Buchanan Street is not a cesspit. St Vincent Street is not a cesspit. Ingram Street is not a cesspit. Miller Street is not a cesspit. King Street is not a cesspit. Merchant City is not a cesspit. Parnie Street is not a cesspit. Waterloo Street is not a cesspit. Bothwell Street is not a cesspit. West Nile Street is not a cesspit. John Street is not a cesspit and it's currently getting better.

The problem areas are: Union Street, Gordon Street outside Central Station, parts of Argyle Street, parts of Sauchiehall Street.
Union Street deffo, the decline there in my lifetime is incredible, I know its from a different time, but that used to be HMV Virgin, Boots, err Hardees....

Gordon street has always been a bit of a mess at central, inevitable given its location, its an area you pass through, not a destination

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
The thing about Gordon Street is that it very quickly becomes a great street. You cross over at the junction from the station and immediately it feels like a different street. Then it changes again to become a little Buchanan Street offshoot.

3301 - 3320 of 3390 Posts