Votes: 4 5.7%

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 3 4.3%

Votes: 1 1.4%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not only the tallest building in Scotland, but the world's tallest and only structure capable of rotating 360 degrees. :)

I like this building, especially when it works. Looks very futuristic and aerodynamic. Compliments the science centre and I-Max well.

7/10

·
5,994 Posts
Its a superbly aerodynamic structure that revolves so it always faces into the wind.

Truely an innovative piece of engineering.

And at 436 ft, quite a sizable structure no matter where in Britain you are. Looks great at Night too.

Thanks to Gleegieboy for this pic:

·
5,994 Posts
ferge said:
It may be an engineering feat, a design masterpiece and dum de dum de dum but to me personally it has no real wow factor... looks to me like a space age step ladder
Boooo.... :)

It may not be the most exciting tower in the world, but its a damn sight more interesting than the BT Tower in Brum and the Radio City Tower in Liverpool.

You are right though - it could be bigger and flasher. It does look better in person, though.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ferge said:
Yeh, I hear ya.. just personally I'd be more likely to go 'ooooh' at the cinema (is it?) and the shiney lil buildings in that quarter more than the tower..
Personally I like the science centre building the best as the wall on the opposite side from the picture below is made completely from glass.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts