SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 540 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have to laugh at the artists rendering not even selling the joint out. typical cardinals. makes me sad that the Fiesta Bowl is gonna be held way out in buttfuckin egypt. That should have stayed at Sun Devil Stadium on the Arizona State University campus.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hear ya. The Red River Shootout wouldnt have the same feeling without the state fair and all the chaos of finding parking in the grass lots and tailgating in 2 inches of free space.

Rant -- that would be a great thread. the cotton bowl featuring the Texas state fair and the Red River Shootout. I would do it, but i suck at finding pics.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
I'M CURIOUS ABOUT HOW THE CARDS NEW STADIUM WILL IMPACT NOT ONLY THE CARDS, BUT ASU AND UA, AS WELL:

what effect, if any, will the Cardinals' new stadium have on ASU attendance? Since the Cards will obviously get a spike in attendance (and have been hurt in relationship to other NFL teams because they play in a college stadium), does the Phoenix community expect a decline at ASU (similiar to the effect that teams like the Vikings and Cowboys have had on college football attendance in the Twin Cities and the Metroplex)? Will the new stadium effect UA at all? And, if not, will it, at least, put ASU in a much worse postion in relationship with UA since Tuscon doesn't have pro-football and pro-football is about to become the most popular it has ever been in the Phoenix area?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the field is convertible.

And I don't think the college attendance in the metroplex was affect by the Cowboys. SMU had great attendance until the recieved the death penalty. They played for the national title in the early 80s with Eric Dickerson and Craig James and would regularly fill Texas Stadium. I think its been the sucky teams that have killed it. If some of the home grown talent stayed near home, TCU, SMU and UNT would all be national powers. Instead, Dallas kids love to leave state and are even hard to keep as close as TX or OU.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
I've seen this stadium before on ssc, it's a very cool stadium I think. The glass lokks nice and that movable field is great.

·
Lord of the Manor
352 Posts
shit, this is an amazing stadium

·
Registered Abuser
17,026 Posts
What the heck are sticks? ^

Great outside (apart from the carparks)...inside...not so great!

·
Registered
92 Posts
edsg25 said:
I'M CURIOUS ABOUT HOW THE CARDS NEW STADIUM WILL IMPACT NOT ONLY THE CARDS, BUT ASU AND UA, AS WELL:

what effect, if any, will the Cardinals' new stadium have on ASU attendance? Since the Cards will obviously get a spike in attendance (and have been hurt in relationship to other NFL teams because they play in a college stadium), does the Phoenix community expect a decline at ASU (similiar to the effect that teams like the Vikings and Cowboys have had on college football attendance in the Twin Cities and the Metroplex)? Will the new stadium effect UA at all? And, if not, will it, at least, put ASU in a much worse postion in relationship with UA since Tuscon doesn't have pro-football and pro-football is about to become the most popular it has ever been in the Phoenix area?

why is it that you must always ask these paragraph long philosopical questions about the most retarted things its so annoying can't you for once make a post thats shorter than 2 sentences.and not ask 30 thousand question.bro i'm sorry for being a bit bitchy but you ask so many questions

·
Registered
67 Posts
eddyk said:
What the heck are sticks? ^

Great outside (apart from the carparks)...inside...not so great!
Car parks, or parking lots, as we refer to them, are necessary for our tailgating culture that we have in the united states. I know this is a concept that is lost on most Europeans, but "Tailgate Partying" is necessary to get good and toasted (re: drunk) before taking in a game -- its basically a huge trunk party with lots of cooking, drinking, tossing the football, dancing, talking shit to opponents fans, etc. in the hours before the game. I understand that most Euros go to the pubs before the game, but i, as do most other Americans prefere Tailgating.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
PHXbevo said:
Car parks, or parking lots, as we refer to them, are necessary for our tailgating culture that we have in the united states. I know this is a concept that is lost on most Europeans, but "Tailgate Partying" is necessary to get good and toasted (re: drunk) before taking in a game -- its basically a huge trunk party with lots of cooking, drinking, tossing the football, dancing, talking shit to opponents fans, etc. in the hours before the game. I understand that most Euros go to the pubs before the game, but i, as do most other Americans prefere Tailgating.
Do Baseball fans "tailgate party" before each game?

1 - 20 of 540 Posts