SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Galactic Ruler
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not really news but more weather and the effects of it. Its a rather interesting little program that uses google maps style information to predict the effects of sea-level rises.

You can zoom in on your city and play with the sea-rise height up to a setting of 14 metres. Melbourne's CBD will truely be on the water, while Sydney will gain quite a few more islands. I was expecting more of the Australian coastline to dip below water or create an inland sea - the changes are not as extreme as some might think.

http://flood.firetree.net

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
fun program but not entirely accurate
@14m a lot more of the cbd should be underwater

rialto is still dry and its only a few metres RL :)

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
Bye bye new convention centre :lol: no big loss there.

What I find amusing, assuming something like this actually happens and the weather is not cyclical and won't correct itself at some point, is all million dollar plus place to live in Perth would be ruined. So if I buy near the beach, a few 100 meters back, in the future it could be true beach front property! Theres an investment.

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
ryan79 said:
So if I buy near the beach, a few 100 meters back, in the future it could be true beach front property! Theres an investment.
Assuming if the new waterfront properties want to see Atlantis along the shoreline. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts